|Goblin Medium Tank|
|Manufacturer|| Alphard Trading Corporation|
Johnston Industries 
|Armor||ProtecTech 9 Standard|
|Engine||180 LongWay I.C.E.|
|Communications System||CommuTech XL|
|Targeting Tracking System||BlazeFire tracker with RangeCheck|
The distinguishing feature of the Goblin Medium Tank is its infantry bay, which is large enough to hold one squad or one support weapon team. This enables an infantry unit to either add their firepower to the tank's, or cover it in urban areas. The origin of the design is unknown, but it was a common sight within the mechanised infantry regiments of the Star League. Later Johnston Industries was producing the tank for House Davion late into the First Succession War.
Weapons and Equipment
The Goblin is armed with a BlazeFire Systems Large Laser as its main gun and a Johnston Minigun Machine Gun for anti-infantry purposes. While limited, this weapons loadout enables the Goblin to keep shooting throughout extended engagements.
- Some Goblins are known to have their Large Laser replaced with three SRM-6 racks and 60 shots for them to increase their firepower. BV (1.0) = 371, BV (2.0) = 647
- Though the Goblin remained a capable tank during its time in the Inner Sphere, the Clan Invasion prompted Johnston Industries to redesign it. A 180 FireHeart Fusion Engine replaces the LongWay I.C.E., enabling the infantry bay to be expanded. The new Goblin can now carry a full platoon into battle. In addition, the Large Laser is replaced with a Sutel Precision Line Large Pulse Laser, and a Harpoon-6 SRM 6 is added to increase its firepower. The redesign mounts two Johnston Miniguns, providing even more defense against infantry. Finally, an Anti-Missile System was installed to increase its survivability. Full production of this version, known as the Goblin Infantry Support Vehicle, began in 3053, though some prototypes saw action during the final months of the initial Clan Invasion. BV (1.0) = 485, BV (2.0) = 790
- This variant replaces the standard weaponry with a Snub-Nose PPC. Environmental Sealing allows it to operate under any conditions, but did require the removal of the Infantry Bay. The vehicle replaces the standard I.C.E with a fusion engine to make it more vulnerable. An SRM-6 and Anti-Missile System are supported by a Machine Gun. BV (2.0) = 897
- This experimental variant from Jalastar Aerospace uses an XXL Engine to provide power. Heavy Ferro-Fibrous armor protects the hull and the newly expanded (eight ton) Infantry Bay. The Goblin-X uses a dual turret configuration for its weapons. The main turret carries a Light PPC equipped with a PPC Capacitor and a single MML-9 missile launcher. The forward turret carries a pair of Magshots for anti-battle armor defense. Though these weapons far out-range the original Machine Guns, they're not as effective against conventional infantry. BV (2.0) = 886
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 190, "Lothian League"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 84
- MUL online date for the Goblin
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 58, "Goblin Medium Tank"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 98
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 15
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabriged, p. 98
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabriged, p. 99
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabriged, p. 97
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 99
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 102
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere) p. 87 - Newly updated 3058 record sheet, includes Infantry Bay information.
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 191
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 35
- Experimental Technical Readout: Boondocks, p. 10
- Combat Operations, p. 126