Large Re-engineered Laser
- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Large Re-Engineered Laser|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Year Availability||IS = 3130 FS|
|Year Introduced||IS = 3130 FS|
|Advanced Technology Year||3130 FS|
The Large Re-Engineered Laser is an offshoot of experiments to mate a Clan Heavy Laser with a Pulse Laser. Though the experiments were unsuccessful, the resulting Re-Engineered Laser family has the unique ability to ignore the effects of Ferro-Lamellor, Hardened, and Reflective Armor. This allows the Large Re-Engineered Laser to inflict its full damage on units protected by those armor types.
The Large Re-Engineered Laser is the largest of the Re-Engineered Laser family. Like all Re-Engineered Lasers, as it uses shorter pulses it only receives a -1 to hit modifier. It is compatible with Targeting Computers. Aside from its unique armor-penetrating properties, it behaves like a standard Large Laser.
There are no known models at this time.
- Dev-level errata January 15, 2016
- "Field Manual: 3145, p. 244, "Re-Engineered Laser"
- Field Manual: 3145, pp. 256-257, "Dark Age Weapons And Equipment Combat Data"
- Dev-level errata January 17, 2016