Medium Re-Engineered Laser
|Medium Re-Engineered Laser|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Year Availability||IS = 3130 FS|
|Year Introduced||IS = 3130 FS|
|Advanced Technology Year||3130 FS|
The Medium Re-Engineered Laser is an advanced-grade energy weapon first developed by the Federated Suns in the mid thirty-second century. The weapon along with its other brethren were originally developed in attempt to create a hybrid of the Clans' Heavy Laser and Pulse Laser. However, the resulting hybrid resulted in a weapon that neither was able to inflict heavy damage nor accuracy noticeable to a pilot.
However, the unexpected results of this experiment was an energy weapon able to defeat reinforced and advanced armor types first fielded during the Jihad and the later Dark Age. The weapon when facing other armor types is only able to inflict slightly more damage than a standard model laser, in this case the Medium Laser. Also, the Medium RE Laser also has the same ranges and the standard Medium Laser as well.
The Medium Re-Engineered Laser is able to inflict 6 points damage against any target with armor of the following types: (Ferro-Lamellor Armor, Hardened Armor, and Laser Reflective Armor). The damage resistant properties of these armor types are ignored and the full damage of the laser is applied. It also has a -1 modifier on to hit rolls.
The Medium RE Laser can be installed into the following units: BM, IM, PM, CV, SV, AF, CF, SC, DS, JS, SS, WS, MS. The Medium RE Laser has the following Tech base as of 3145: E/X-X-X/E and it costs 100,000 C-bills per weapon. The weapon takes up one space per each available unit with exception of Support Vehicles and any 'Mechs types in which it takes two spaces.
- ChisComp 73 Medium Re-Engineered Laser - Used on the Prey Seeker
- Dev-level errata January 15, 2016
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 244
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 256
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 257
- Dev-level errata January 17, 2016
- Field Manual: 3145, pp. 244, 256-257 Re-Engineered Lasers - Basic weapon description and background info.
- Field Manual: 3145, pp. 244, 256-257 Re-Engineered Lasers - Rules and effects of Medium Re-Engineered Laser.