- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Chassis||A1 Type 22 Ultralight Endo Steel|
|Engine||Magna 180 XXL|
|Communications System||PCE-4X "Blaster"|
|Targeting Tracking System||Federated Hunter Mk. VII|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
The Prey Seeker, manufactured by Achernar BattleMechs on Cahokia, was designed to be a high-speed scout and raider; while the Prey Seeker's mission profile speaks to MechWarriors who feel marginalized by the growth of combined-arms warfare, the unusual construction of the arms and the phenomenal speeds the 'Mech can reach echo the Dasher OmniMech first seen in the Inner Sphere during the Clan Invasion.
Weapons and Equipment
Capable of running at a staggering 194 km/h thanks to the extralight (but frighteningly expensive) Magna 180 XXL engine, the Prey Seeker takes a minimalist approach to equipment to pay for that high rate of speed. Mounting a Small Cockpit and an XL Gyro, the Prey Seeker mounts three and a half tons of armor and lacks Jump Jets. The minimal armor present over the rear of the Prey Seeker means that if hit from behind by any but the lightest of weapons, the Prey Seeker runs the risk of taking internal damage.
Mounting a pair of ChisComp 73 Medium Re-Engineered Lasers for defense, the Prey Seeker isn't a brawler, but the uncommon weapons do offer an advantage against opponents that make use advanced armor types such as Hardened Armor, Ferro-Lamellor, and Reflective Armor.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 30, "PY-SR10 Prey Seeker"
- online date for the Prey Seeker
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 192
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 244 Re-Engineered Lasers. - Other damage a Re-Engineered Laser can damage.