- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Production Year||Introduction Year::3070|
|Engine||Hermes 260 XL|
|Communications System||Garett C22A|
|Targeting Tracking System||Wasat Watchdog W120 with A-Trac|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
|BV (2.0)|| 1,492 |
The Patriot is a BattleMech produced by Ronin Incorporated on Wallis. Its genesis lies in the development of the Pikeman, a 'Mech that was in R&D when Kirc Cameron-Jones declared himself Captain-General of the Free Worlds League in 3069. With an eye to developing his military, he ordered Ronin to develop a 'Mech that could command a regiment and use artillery so that the commander would not be tempted to close with the enemy. Ronin was quickly able to convert their Pikeman to the necessary specifications, leading to production in late 3070. The variants of the 2C have seen greater production numbers and more widespread use, as their more general battlefield roles have surpassed the niche of the standard version.
Since it is a commander's 'Mech, the Patriot has a strong twelve tons of armor. Added to this is the defensive capability of a LFN Linblad Shotgun Anti-Missile System, with CASE protecting the ammunition. A Guardian ECM Suite provides protection from enemy electronics.
Weapons and Equipment
The Patriot is built around a Holly Arrow IV Missile Artillery System. Four tons of ammunition gives it some flexibility between standard artillery rounds and homing missiles. Target Acquisition Gear allows it to call in friendly support should an enemy get within range. The only conventional weapon on the design is a Magna Starflare Heavy PPC.
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 82
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 83
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 70
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 161
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 71
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 162
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 72
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 163