- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Posts Treasure Trove Of Original ‘Mech Design Docs
- Read more →
|Primary Site(s)|| Asuncion|
|Primary Products|| Aerospace Fighter|
In 2490 Kallon Industries was a second-tier supplier for the Terran Hegemony Armed Forces that produced parts and supplies for the Hegemony. They entered BattleMech production in 2504 when their FALCON GRAY BattleMech was accepted as the RFL-1N Rifleman. This early success justified the twenty years the company had spent building a list of subcontractors and suppliers, as well as risking their position as a Hegemony weapons developer.
Kallon Industries was founded on July 15th 2808 in the Tikonov Commonality of the Capellan Confederation. Despite being created during the First Succession War, Kallon was able to expand into both the Federated Suns and the Free Worlds League in the following years. Though under League law, Kallon Industries was treated as a foreign company thus putting them at a disadvantage against local, larger League manufacturers. However, by the 30th century the two branches of the company essentially operated as two independent companies that shared a single board of directors. This arrangement changed during the Clan Invasion as the two branches began to work more closely.
The Thermopolis branch of Kallon Industries was responsible for the development of the WVR-6M variant of the Wolverine. The border region of the Free Worlds League in which Thermopolis was located during the First Succession War was an active combat zone, with Thermopolis being unfortunate enough to be close to the central border region that saw particularly brutal and intense fighting as the Lyran Commonwealth annexed the worlds of the Bolan Thumb, with both nations launching multiple attempts to gain control of the significant Bella system. By the mid-2810s, the Thermopolis factories were suffering from the disruption to supply networks and trade endemic to the Inner Sphere during this era, and had exhausted their stockpile of the GM Whirlwind Autocannon used in the construction of the standard WVR-6R Wolverine BattleMech, although the factory assembly lines producing Wolverines were still largely intact and functioning. The local engineers reacted to this problem by adapting the design using available resources, developing the new WVR-6M variant, which entered full production in 2816, and was in action a year later.
With the rediscovery of Star League technology in the 31st century, Kallon would go on a development blitz to improve their market share. One of these projects was the upgrading of their existing designs, such as the Wolverine for the Free Worlds League, and reopening their mothballed Exterminator line to produce a new variant for the ComGuards.
Meanwhile, the premier Kallon facility in Federated Suns space, the Talon plant was located on the small but mineral rich moon of the equally important agricultural world of Wernke. Their production of high-quality 'Mechs reached a record pace  prior to its destruction in 3069.
The Federated Suns also enjoyed the use of Kallon's factories on Nanking for many years. The corporation was the largest employer on the world, to the point that the capital city was known as Kallontown. The Federated Suns branch of Kallon Industries focused mostly on producing combat vehicles and BattleMechs, as well as personal arms.
During the Jihad, the company expanded its portfolio of products to include AeroSpace Fighters. Where the SelaSys Warship facility on Loyalty was destroyed, Kallon's dropship shipyards managed to survive the attacks. Then Kallon constructed an Aerospace manufacturing plant on the surface of Loyalty to further entrench themselves on the world. By 3083, Kallon began production of its Poignard Light AeroSpace fighter, selling them to the newly formed Marik-Stewart Commonwealth. Two years later, Kallon would add a Poignard line to its production facilities on Asuncion for sales to the new Republic of the Sphere.
The Kallon Weapon Industries yards on Layover were noteworthy because they were idle and disused facilities forcibly leased from nearby Salvatore Incorporated. The Princess Regent ordered the two companies to work together during the Jihad, effectively nationalizing a chunk of the run-down facility for the benefit of Kallon. This allowed the federal government to provide bailout loans and contracts to the benefit of both companies. With the continued production of new Arondight Pocket WarShips and Vengeance DropShips being successfully launched for the AFFS admiralty, by mid-3081 Kallon was considering expanding into more of the dormant facilities still owned by Salvatore Incorporated on Layover.
However, in March 3080, elements within Kallon Industries were implicated in being involved in local disturbances on the world of Nanking. Backed by interests in the Federated Suns, these elements were supplying weapons to rebels and renegade Coalition forces attempting to destabilize the world.
The Dark Age
Although Kallon's Templar BattleMech production lines were destroyed during the Jihad, General Motors introduced a new version of the popular 'Mech during the Dark Age from their facilities on New Valencia, and continued to use at least some Kallon-manufactured components in the production of their new 'Mech - including such fundamental components as the 'Mech chassis. Kallon also benefitted from the spoils of the Victoria War, gaining access to factory facilities on Victoria and designs such as the Paladin Defense System.
During the Lyran-Clan Wolf Invasion of the exFree Worlds League, many of Kallon's facilities would be captured by these invaders. Ultimately by 3142, Kallon's facilities were serving Clan Wolf and its newly formed Wolf Empire. Once upgraded, those same facilities would start producing Clan grade weapons and equipment for the Empire's touman. One line that didn't fall to the Wolves was found on Loyalty. There the First Loyalty Defenders were able to defeat the Nineteenth Wolf Cavalry in a Trial of Possession. Kallon's Loyalty plant dedicated their output to rebuilding the Defenders in gratitude.
In 3025 the company's CEO was Duke Roderick FaCrimeia.
Kallon Industries has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
|Components produced on Asuncion:|
|FNHK-9K Falcon Hawk||Light BattleMech|
|CRD-5M Crusader||Heavy BattleMech|
|Poignard||Light AeroSpace Fighters - (Since 3085)|
|Kallon Light Type 2AXQ||Falcon Hawk|
|Fusion Engine - XL|
|Omni 175 XL||Falcon Hawk|
|Hermes 260 XL||Crusader|
|Armor - BattleMechs & Vehicles|
|Kallon Light Ferro-Fibrous||Falcon Hawk|
|Irian TelStar||Falcon Hawk|
|GuideRite with Laser Coordination Link||Falcon Hawk|
Note: During the Jihad the Bernardo plant suffered no losses.
|Components produced on Bernardo:|
|Components produced on Layover:|
|Components produced on Loyalty:|
|Partisan||Tracked Vehicles - Heavy Tank|
|Partisan AA Vehicle||Wheeled Vehicles|
|Poignard||Light AeroSpace Fighters - (Since 3083)|
|GoreTex 240|||
|Nissan 230||Partisan AA Vehicle|
|Interplanetary Drive - Dropships|
|? (for Kuan Ti)|||
|Pitban 240||Partisan|
|Armor - FF - BattleMechs & Vehicles|
|Kallon Unity Weave Ferro-Fibrous||Partisan AA Vehicle|
|Jolex Systems||Partisan & Partisan AA Vehicle|
|Kallon Secure Net|||
|AntiAir Flak Systems-1||Partisan AA Vehicle|
|Defiance Shredder||Partisan AA Vehicle|
Note: During the long Jihad, the facility on Nanking, suffers heavy capital and personnel losses of 85%, and the operating capacity of the factory is reduced to 13% of their main production volume in 3079.
|Components produced on Victoria:|
|SHD-5D Shadow Hawk||Medium BattleMech|
|JM7-C3BS JagerMech||Heavy BattleMech|
|PTR-4D Penetrator||Heavy BattleMech|
|Paladin Defense System||Tracked Vehicles|
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 4, p. 5
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 120, "Corporate Profiles"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 189
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 149
- First Succession War, p. 162, "WVR-6M Wolverine"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 152
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 91
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade p. 10, "Note of destrution"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 89
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 112, "Poignard's background info includes the expansion its operations in the old Free Worlds League and the Republic of the Sphere".
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 17, "Kallon Weapon Industries"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 97, "Crucis March"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 71-72, "Chaos Undaunted: Snow Job"
- Technical Readout 3145: Federated Suns, p. 48, "TLR2-O Templar III"
- Technical Readout 3145: Federated Suns, p. 26, "Paladin Defense System"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 32 Wolf Empire - Clan Wolf takes exFree Worlds League worlds including Kallon based worlds.
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, pp. 32, 46 - Wulfen & Warwolf produced on Thermopolis.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 10
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 133, "Kallon Industries CEO"
- Objective Raids, p. 119, "Produced Crusader Components on Asunction"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 122, "Produced Falcon Hawk Components on Asunction"
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 112, Poignard production begins on Asuncion.
- Objectives: Free Worlds League, p. 4
- Objective Raids, p. 120, "Produced Crusader Components on Bernardo"
- Objectives: Free Worlds League, p. 28
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 114, "Produced Challenger X Components on Kirklin"
- Objective Raids, p. 94, "Produced Partisan Components on Kirklin"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Corporations, p. 13, "Produced SturmFeur variant"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 64, "Produced SturmFeur ("Kalki") variant"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 26, "Produced Vehicle Components"
- Objectives: Free Worlds League, p. 4
- Objective Raids, p. 131, "Produced Kallon Industries Components on Loyalty"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 16, "Partisan AA Vehicle"
- Objectives: Free Worlds League, p. 23
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 112 - Poignard production begins on Loyalty's new ground facilities.
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation, p. 3, "State of the Industry Table"
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 94, "Produced Ontos Components on Nanking"
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 88, "Produced Partisan Components on Nanking"
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation, p. 11
- Experimental Technical Readout: Corporations, p. 12, "Produced Partisan variant"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 4, p. 5, "RFL-1N Rifleman"
- Technical Readout: 3025, Revised, p.82
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, p. 32, Wulfen - "Produced of Clan Wolf's OmniMech begins production Kallon Kallon Weapon Industries Components on Thermopolis "
- Objective Raids, p. 137, "Produced Kallon Industries Components on Asunction"
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, p. 46, "Warworlf"
- Objective Raids, p. 91, "Produced Kallon Industries Components on Talon"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 10, "Produced Hornet Components on Talon"
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 97, "Produced Templar Components on Talon"
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 96, "Produced Enforcer III Components on Talon"
- Technical Readout: Project Phoenix, p. 26, "Produced Griffin 6S Components Components on Talon"
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 112, "Produced JagerMech III Components on Talon"
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 64, "Produced Penetrator Components on Talon"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Corporations
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 4
- First Succession War
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: House Marik
- House Davion (The Federated Suns)
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Objective Raids
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation
- Objectives: Federated Suns
- Objectives: Free Worlds League
- Technical Readout: 3039
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3060
- Technical Readout: 3067
- Technical Readout: 3085
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans
- Technical Readout: Project Phoenix
- Technical Readout: Prototypes