- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Corean Enterprises (MacAdams-Suharno)|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Communications System||Corean Transband-J9 w/Guardian ECM Suite|
|Targeting Tracking System||Corean B-Tech|
|BV (1.0)|| 1,760|
Following the success of the Tarantula BattleMech, Corean Enterprises (MacAdams-Suharno) felt that they could produce a successful quad design to replace the aging Goliath BattleMechs in many successor state armies. In early 3059, the Sirocco had reached the point of field testing. The 'Mech is built on a Corean IX chassis that carries a Pitban 285 fusion engine, giving the Sirocco a top speed of 54.0 km/h. It carries nineteen and a half tons of Starshield armor, giving it an impressive amount of protection from enemy fire. To dissipate the waste heat from the 'Mech's heavy arsenal, the Sirocco carries thirteen double heat sinks.
Weapons and Equipment
The Sirocco carries, as its primary weapons, a pair of Imperator Automatic Ultra Autocannon/10s that are capable of firing at twice the standard rate of fire as a standard autocannon of the same class. The two Ultra Autocannons provide the 'Mech with a great deal of long-range firepower. For close combat, the Sirocco carries six Diverse Optics Type ER Medium Lasers, two of which are rear mounted, allowing the Sirocco to defend itself from any angle in close combat. Additionally, the 'Mech uses a Medium Pulse Laser to round out its close-range firepower. To dissuade knee-capping attacks made by enemy sappers, the Sirocco has two Ma Mien Anti-Personnel Pods. Finally, to disrupt enemy electronic warfare systems, the 'Mech carries a Guardian ECM Suite.
- The 5C variant of the Sirocco is more specialized in both long and short range combat. For long range combat, the Sirocco has two Light Gauss Rifles which allow the 'Mech to strike an enemy at up to seven hundred and fifty meters. The 5C variant of the Sirocco also has a powerful close range arsenal if forced to defend itself. The 'Mech has four ER Medium Lasers, two mounted in the front and two in the rear, as well as a Medium Pulse Laser. Also, for close combat, the 5C variant has two SRM-4 missile launchers to seek out weak points in an enemy's armor, and is even more well defended against enemy sappers with four Anti-Personnel Pods. Finally, the 'Mech retains the ECM Suite to defend itself from electronic warfare systems. BV (1.0) = 1,884, (1,835), BV (2.0) = 2,107
- This variant of the Sirocco was developed during the Jihad. This variant was designed to be a member of a conventional C3 Network Lance. Carried in the 'Mech's right torso is a single Light Gauss Rifle with 2 tons of ammunition. In its left torso, an ER Large Laser is fitted with four ER Medium Lasers. Like all Siroccos, the 'Mech has a Guardian ECM Suite. However, unlike any of its predecessors, the 'Mech has been fitted with five Improved Jump Jets. BV (2.0) = 2,202
- MUL online date for the Sirocco
- Combat Operations, p. 130
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 233
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 196
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 234
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 197
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 198 - Sirocco's Jihad variant from RS3060u.
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 130