- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Chassis||StarFrame Heavy Endo Steel|
|Engine||PlasmaStar 375 XL|
|Communications System||Garret T-60 FastScan w/C3 & Guardian ECM modules|
|Targeting Tracking System||Garret F22C|
|Heat Sinks||16 Double Heat Sinks|
|Jump Jets||Audi-Fokker Mark IV|
|BV (1.0)||1,639 (C3: 156)|
After producing OmniMechs licensed from the Draconis Combine for several years, StarCorps Industries gained an understanding of OmniMech technology and began designing one of their own. When they finished development of the Thanatos as an OmniMech neither the LAAF or the AFFS was interested in obtaining any new OmniMech designs. The Thanatos was then converted into a standard BattleMech and resubmitted to the two militaries who gladly added it to their arsenals. The Thanatos is intended to emulate the Thor OmniMech used by the Clans. To do this the Thanatos is built on a StarFrame Heavy Endo Steel to save weight and carries a PlasmaStar 375 XL engine that gives the 'Mech a top speed of 86.4 km/h and also has five Audi-Fokker Mark IV jump jets that allow it to jump up to one hundred and fifty meters adding to its mobility. The Thanatos has sixteen double heat sinks to dissipate waste heat from the weapons and it carries thirteen tons of Durallex Heavy armor; compared to other 'Mechs of similar weight however, its protection is relatively light. The 'Mech carries a Guardian ECM Suite to protect itself from electronic warfare systems.
Weapons and Equipment
The Thanatos is armed to engage an enemy in a variety of situations. For long-range combat, the Thanatos has a Defiance Model 6 ER Large Laser, giving the 'Mech some long range damage capabilities. The 'Mech comes into its own though in the medium to short range brackets as it can bring its Shigunga MRM-20 launcher and two Defiance Model XII ER Medium Lasers to bear. Finally, the single RAMTech 800P Medium Pulse Laser provides highly accurate close range firepower. The 'Mech carries a C3 Slave Unit which dramatically increases its accuracy when it is part of a C3 Lance.
- This Thanatos variant uses a lighter engine that reduces the top speed to 64km/h. It also replaces the extended range lasers with four Medium Pulse Lasers. It also carries the MRM-20, Guardian ECM Suite, and C3 slave of the standard Thanatos, but its main hitting power comes from the LB 20-X autocannon in the left arm. It mounts four jump jets, enough to cover 120 meters at a time. BV (2.0) = 1,760
- This version uses a Light Fusion Engine to provide a top speed of 64km/h. It retains the C3 Slave unit but removes the Guardian ECM Suite. The weapons array has been modified as well. This variant carries a Heavy PPC, two ER Medium Lasers, two Medium Lasers, and three LRM-5 launchers. Six Improved Jump Jets allow it to jump 180 meters. Enough room was opened up for it to carry thirteen double heat sinks. BV (2.0) = 1,936
- THS-4S Thanatos Felix
- This is a uniquely customized Thanatos that was created by lone Mercenary MechWarrior Felix Grimstead on Swartklip. After expending his MRM ammunition, Felix, with the aid of local Militia techs, had his 'Mech refitted with nine Rocket Launcher/10 Launchers in the right arm. He also had a salvaged Medium Pulse Laser placed into the 'Mech's center torso. BV (2.0) = 2,032
MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries version of the Thanatos
- MUL online date for the Thanatos
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 91, "Thanatos 'Mech Profile"
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 132
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 148
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 149
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 150
- Record Sheets: Unique 'Mechs p. 13, Thanatos Felix - Custom Variant published by BattleCorps website.