|Chassis||GM Marauder Special MD Endo Steel|
|Engine||GM 375 XL|
|Communications System||Dalban Micronics|
The Rakshasa was designed by engineers at the New Avalon Institute of Science in an attempt to copy the Mad Cat . The finished product, while not as powerful as the OmniMech it emulates, is a powerful 'Mech with an undeserved bad reputation. The Rakshasa is powered by a GM 375 XL engine and built on a GM Marauder Special MD Endo Steel chassis to save weight and allow the 'Mech to carry as similar a weapons payload as possible to the Mad Cat. The Rakshasa also carries eleven and a half tons of StarGuard Ferro-Fibrous armor giving it slightly less than maximum armor protection.
The Rakshasa carries as its primary long range weapons a pair of Federated 10-shot LRM-10 launchers. These are mated to an Artemis IV fire control system which gives them greater missile accuracy. The LRM launchers are backed up by a pair of ExoStar ER Large Lasers which provide the 'Mech with respectable firepower at long range. For close combat, the Rakshasa carries two Martell Medium Lasers and a Martell Medium Pulse Laser. While not identical to the Mad Cat, the Rakshasa is a formidable 'Mech on the modern battlefield.
- A departure from the attempt to emulate the Mad Cat, the 2A model removes the 'Mechs arsenal and upgrades it with a new weapons mix geared toward close combat. The primary weapon is a Rotary Autocannon/5. This is backed up at longer ranges by a Large Pulse Laser and for close combat the 'Mech carries four Medium Pulse Lasers. BV (1.0) = 1,480, BV (2.0) = 1,766
- ↑ Handbook House Davion, p. 187
- ↑ MUL online date for the Rakshasa
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Combat Operations, p. 127
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 102
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085, p. 191
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 104
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060, p. 196
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 103
- ↑ Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 131
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 104