- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3066)|
|Nickname||First - Born|
Founded in the wake of the formation of the Lyran Alliance, the Alliance Jaegers were an effort to boost Lyran nationalism, with a Jaeger unit for each of the original provinces of the Lyran Commonwealth.
The Alliance Jaegers were formed in 3057 as part of Archon's Order 5730023, which brought sweeping changes to the Lyran Alliance Armed Forces. The order called for five new units, with each one drawing their troops exclusively from their designated province. This was intended to be a source of pride for each of the newly minted provinces.
Each unit began as a battalion equipped with a combination of surplus from disbanded Alliance Guards commands and the newest in hardware from Lyran manufacturing centers. The buzz that surrounded the creation of a new brigade caught the attention of the Donegal Broadcasting Corporation, which aired a series of documentaries called Fighting for Peace The buzz and the year-long tri-vid series allowed each Jaeger command to reach regiment size within two years.
At the outset of the FedCom Civil War, all five regiments pledged loyalty to Archon Katherine Steiner-Davion. During that conflict, the Coventry Jaegers were annihilated, the Skye Jaegers publicly stood for the Free Skye movement, and the Alarion and Bolan Jaegers were badly damaged.
The Jihad practically eliminated the Alliance Jaegers brigade. The Alarion Jaegers were destroyed by orbital bombardment, nuclear weapons, and biological weapons that saturated their homeworld. The Bolan Jaegers were destroyed on Bolan, but they did damage the 52nd Shadow Division before they died. Similarly, the Donegal Jaegers were destroyed on their homeworld as well, but failed to inflict any damage. The Skye Jaegers were destroyed early in the fighting, but were reconstituted and helped drive the Word of Blake off of Hesperus II. They would later participate in Operation SCOUR.
Units of the Alliance Jaegers
- 1st Alarion Jaegers (destroyed during Jihad)
- 1st Bolan Jaegers (destroyed during Jihad)
- 1st Coventry Jaegers (destroyed during FedCom Civil War)
- 1st Donegal Jaegers (destroyed during Jihad)
- 1st Skye Jaegers
Color Scheme and Unit Insignia
The insignia of the Jaegers is a hunter's recurve longbow suspended before a moon set against a sunburst bearing a five-sided shield. The moons differ in color and size to represent those of each provincial capital. The moon is purple for Alarion, red for Bolan, green for Coventry, black for Donegal and yellow for Skye. The symbol appears on the right torso or side of each unit, below the insignia of the Lyran Alliance.
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 48
- Field Manual: Update, p. 167
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 9