1st Bolan Jaegers
- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|First Bolan Jaegers|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Lyran Reserves|
Commonwealth Jaegers (3145)
Shortly after forming, the unit was brought in Quetta Land War, mini-civil war on Bolan's Sakete continent, and defused conflict by separating of warring sides, and active peacekeeping.
FedCom Civil War
At the start of the FedCom Civil War, the Bolan Jaegers hasn't achieved fame of other brigade regiments, by mostly remaining on same place.
On Bolan they fought with 2nd Crucis Lancers first, and even drove off them (with active help of Dixie CTM), but the next invaders - 6th Crucis Lancers almost annihilated them en mass for six days. The Bolan Jaegers burned through most of their consumables during the fighting with the Second Crucis Lancers.
The small group of the survived has returned on Bolan after, and has begun slow process of reсovery (35% as august 3067). Nevertheless, they still play active role into pacification of warring cities of planet.
The Bolan Jaegers took part in Operation ÜBERSCHATTEN, and covered the fighting withdrawal from Colfax The Bolan Jaegers were subsequently destroyed when the Word of Blake attacked Bolan, although the Jaegers inflicted some damage on the 52nd Shadow Division, Precentor Apollyon's personal command, before being destroyed.
The Lyran Commonwealth chose to reform the Bolan Jaegers in the aftermath of the Jihad, with Archon Adam Steiner directing that all of the orphan units left without a clear chain of command be assigned to a new Brigade, the Lyran Reserves. The Bolan Jaegers, reformed at battalion strength, found themselves a part of this new Brigade. However, when the Jaegers reformed, the decision was taken to rebuild them on Dixie, rather than on their native Bolan. This was perhaps not the most well-thought plan to be devised by the LCAF; the Dixie CTM had been rebuilt the year before, and the Dixie planetary militia was the most experienced militia unit within the Bolan theatre. This left the Jaegers feeling like outsiders; while the planetary militia units drill together in and around the rebuilding Castle Brian, the Jaegers patrolled the sparsely populated cities Dixie, and receiving better equipment than the planetary militia hasn't prevented the Jaegers from feeling bitter and aggressive. The Jaegers new commanding officer, Colonel Devers, has attempted to mitigate this by arranging such events as sports competitions between the Jaegers and the other units on Dixie, but the Jaegers are far from ready to relinquish their ill-feeling, with friendly matches frequently devolving into brawls.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Bolan Jaegers|
|Suzanne Lambert, who was a veteran of clan invasion, and recipient of McKennsy Hammer.||3062|
The Bolan Jaegers are noted for taking a cautious and studied approach to combat. Their response time may be slow, but they make few tactical errors, eventually luring their opponents into making a fatal mistake.
As Jaegers unit with smallest 'Mech forces, they used the most modern vehicles in the LAAF: for example Demolisher II and Myrmidon tanks. They also have a independent cavalry company, by lance each of Yellow Jacket, Warrior and Hawk Moth VTOLs.
Their unit color was a green.
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 50, "1st Bolan Jaegers Unit Profile"
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 84
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 167, "1st Bolan Jaegers"
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 85
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 37
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 212
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 9, "Lyran Guards"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 103, "Lyran Reserves"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 179 "LAAF Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 107, "LAAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 132, "Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces - Buena Province"