|Demolisher II Heavy Tank|
|Mission||Close Range/Urban Combat|
|Armor||Starslab/6 Ferro-Fibrous w/ CASE|
|Engine||Vlar 300 Fusion|
|Communications System||Neil 9000|
|Targeting Tracking System||Angst Clear View 2A|
|BV (2.0)|| 1,610|
The Demolisher II Heavy Tank is an upgrade of the original Demolisher, whose factory on Sudeten was lost to Clan Jade Falcon. Since the Typhoon stayed concentrated within traditionally Federated Suns unit within the Federated Commonwealth, when the Lyran Alliance broke away, they needed their own urban combat vehicle. Production began in 3059.
The result is a slow-moving tank that can literally demolish anything in its path. CASE protects the crew of this vehicle from potentially-lethal ammunition explosions. Fourteen and a half tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor protect the vehicle from all but the most determined and concentrated of assaults.
The Demolisher II carries two large-bore autocannons. A Defiance Thunder Ultra Autocannon/20 is the single most damaging weapon in the Inner Sphere arsenal and rivals anything the Clans have, as well. A Defiance Disintegrator LB-X Autocannon/20 can also deal an incredible amount of damage to a concentrated area, or it can spread that out in a shotgun-like blast, crippling exposed components and the motive systems on enemy vehicles. Both of these weapons are mounted in a turret, giving them the largest possible field of fire. Twin front-mounted Coventry Light Autoguns deter frontal infantry assaults.
- Thunderbolt - This is a Jihad era variant of the tank, which includes Advanced Technology. The tank's signature autocannons have been replaced by a pair of Thunderbolt 20 Missile Launchers mounted in its turret. The T-Bolt launchers have been given 10 tons of ammunition. For secondary weaponry, it has been given a Streak SRM-6 Missile Launcher and a pair of ER Medium Lasers which are mounted in the vehicle's turret. A ton of ammunition has been given to the Streak SRM launcher. The tank's armor has also been greatly increased to handle the rigors of combat. To make room for the revised weaponry and armor, the tank been fitted with a XL Fusion Engine. BV (2.0) = 2,306
- MML - Also introduced during the Jihad, this variant carries a Guardian ECM Suite for increased protection. Four MML-9 launchers with Artemis IV guidance systems and 7 tons of ammo replace the autocannons. BV (2.0) = 1,397
- Demolisher II-X - This variant of the Demolisher II returns to the traditional large bore autocannons used by the Demolisher family, but with a twist. The II-X carries an Improved Heavy Gauss Rifle and twin Clan-made Ultra AC/10s in the turret. Power is provided by a Light Fusion Engine and keeps the II-X at the same speed as the baseline model. Thirteen and a half tons of Heavy Ferro-Fibrous armor protect the tank from enemy fire, and a CASE system protects the crew from a Gauss Rifle explosion. BV (2.0) = 1,927
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 30-31, "Demolisher II Vehicle Profile"
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 131
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060, p. 42
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 52
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 53
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085, p. 190
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 55
- ↑ Experimental Technical Readout: Steiner, p. 12