1st Donegal Jaegers
|1st Donegal Jaegers|
|Unit Profile (as of 3062)|
|Parent Formation||Alliance Jaegers|
The Donegal Jaegers were founded along the other Alliance Jaeger regiments, siphoning material from the Alliance Guards as needed. This regiment captured the adulation of their home province, and with local financing, grew from a battalion to a regiment in a mere 20 months. The Donegal Jaegers were granted regular status at the end of 3062 after extensive wargames with the 24th Lyran Guards.
FedCom Civil War
The regiment saw only minimal action over the course of the war. They were pinned down by the 25th Arcturan Guards and prevented from participating in the battle of Tharkad. Rather than fight the 25th Arcturan Guards, the First persuaded them to accept a truce. As a result, the unit was nearly at its full strength at the end of the war.
The Donegal Jaegers were destroyed on their homeworld. In 3083 the LCAF High Command rebuilt the unit by splitting the 25th Arcturan Guards in half. The First Donegal Jaegers then spent the next two years training with and against the 7th Donegal Guards.
The Donegal Jaegers are adept at urban defense. In addition, their infantry detachment has undergone unusual training in zero-gravity operations.
3062 to 3067
- CO: Colonel Amy Smith
- Aide: Leutnant-Colonel Tim Hewitt
- The 1st includes five BattleMech companies, two Armor companies, and 2 Infantry companies.
- CO: Kommandant Peta Inge
1st Donegal Jaegers (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Bamir Taylor
1st Donegal Jaegers Air Wing (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Kaptain Erminigild Hult
The unit's colors are white, with a checked pattern on the left side of vehicles and BattleMechs.
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 52, "1st Donegal Jaegers Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 167, "1st Donegal Jaegers"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 178, "LAAF Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 9
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 98
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 103
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 108, "LAAF Deployment Table - 3085"