- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
Formerly a publicly traded company, Challenge Systems became a privately held-company in 3018. Poor management and equipment breakdowns put the company deeply in debt, with rumors of bankruptcy. Rather than let the company fail, the federal government stepped in and took control of the company. The takeover was approved because the Federated Suns government was Challenge's largest creditor. Exact details about the takeover are unavailable, but it looks like the next fifteen years saw many improvements to the manufacturing lines. During that decade and a half, Challenge only provided maintenance and repair services from its repair yard located at Panpour's zenith jump point. In 3032 the Federated Suns government allowed control of the company to pass into private hands, but the company hasn't been producing a large volume of new JumpShips. The amount of supplies and components ordered by the company exceed the known production. This has in turn led to speculation that the company has been building a secret fleet of JumpShips and WarShips for the Federated Suns.
Challenge Systems produces the Monolith class JumpShip for various military and commercial groups in the Federated Suns. During the chaos of the Jihad the Panpour facility lost nearly a quarter of its factory lines and staff, but by 3079 the factory was operating at 85% of its pre-Jihad output.
In 3067 the company's CEO is Duke Deniss Sona.
Challenge Systems has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
|Components produced on Panpour:|
|Kearny-Fuchida Drive - Jumpships|
|K-F Mark X|||
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 165, "Challenge Systems Profile"
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 4, "State of the Industry Table"
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 28
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 28, "Industrial Systems"