- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Primary Site(s)|| Delavan|
|Primary Products|| JumpShips|
Being known under a variety of names during its centuries of existence, Universal Air has constructed JumpShips since the days of the Age of War. Based on Delavan, one of the so-called Golden Worlds and a single jump from New Avalon, Universal Air was well protected and able to draw upon the best resources available in FedSun space, ensuring it maintained production even during the worst technical decline of the Succession Wars era.
The vital nature of its products ensured the company incredible financial and political power, including obtaining the significant role in the production of the Fox-class WarShip. Its power was also a double edged sword: on numerous occasions House Davion having to remove every corporate officer from power due to questions of disloyalty to the Federated Suns.
The company's proximity to the capital ensured its survival until the Word of Blake instigated a naval blockade during its siege of New Avalon. While escaping harm during the warfare of the Jihad, merchant and military traffic refused to travel anywhere near New Avalon for fear of provoking the Blakists' WarShips, robbing the company of sales and vital supplies to maintain production. Teetering on the brink of insolvency, Federated-Boeing engineered a merger with its long-time partner, the combined company trading under the Federated-Boeing name but with UnAir's Delavan based shipyards its new headquarters. Federated-Boeing introduced capital to expand the Delavan yards to produce several Pocket WarShip designs for the AFFS.
Universal Air has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
|Components produced on Delavan:|
|Ares Mark IX Attack Craft||Small Craft - Since 3077|
|Kearny-Fuchida Drive - Jumpships|
|K-F Mark VIIa||Invader|
|K-F Mark VIII a-1||Star Lord|
Note: The Fox-class was produced in conjuction with Federated-Boeing Interstellar, destroyed in 3069. With the destruction of these yards, Federated Boeing moved its headquarters to the Delavan system.
|Components produced on Galax:|
The Avalon-class was produced in conjunction with Kathil Shipworks. Unfortunately the Jihad destroyed the Avalon line completely and heavily damaged the Invader line. As of 3079 the yard could only repair Invaders and was unable to create new ones.
|Components produced on Kathil:|
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 168, "Universal Air Profile"
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 41 "Universal Air Profile"
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 14
- Objective Raids, p. 92, "Produced Universal Air Components"
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 122, "Ares Mark IX (Attack Craft)" - Space production site noted.
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 8