- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- A Special New Year's Community Outreach - Nic from Sarna!
- Did You Know? - Scout ‘Mechs
- MWO World Championship Analysis with BanditB17 and mdmzero0
- Read more →
| It has been suggested that this article be merged with Simpson Desert.|
Discuss this on the article's talk page.
The Fort fell on hard times after the fall of the Star League, by 3060s. Word of Blake forces overlooked the facilities, feeling it was not worth their time to rebuild. The fort's surrounding area had become wilderness by this time.
During the 3130s, the facilities were being used by the planet's militia as a last ditch fortification against invaders. By this time, the fort had been reduced to a series of earthworks, fortifications, concrete emplacements for artillery weaponry, and deep trenches that would slow down a BattleMech and stop vehicles.
In December 3rd, 3137 - The Third Lyran Regulars and 1st Hesperus Guards invaded the planet as part of their Operation Hammerfall, which included the conquest of the Duchy of Tamarind-Abbey, which Simpson Desert was part of. The local militia forces known as the "Korp", used the Verdun as their last holdout against the Lyrans. The siege against the Fort lasted for only a couple of days.
- Fire at Will, p. 208
- Fire at Will, p. 211