- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Freedom 900 Hover Jeep|
|Use|| Family Transport |
Small Commercial Vehicle
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Hover (Small)|
|Fuel (Type/Range)||2,564 km|
|Barrier Armor Rating (BAR)||BAR 6|
|Crew||1 (1 enlisted/non-rated)|
The Freedom 900 is a late Succession Wars-era Civilian Vehicle. Produced by Earthwerks, the vehicle is part of the Freedom series of Hover Jeeps which have been in production since the late 27th Century. Intended for the civilian market, the jeep is sold across the Inner Sphere.
The design has been used as basis from light civilian transports to family vehicles. Earthwerks has been accused of various anti-competitive practices over the centuries of production of the Freedom-series Hover Jeeps, from keeping the vehicle's price low to having cheap labor produce the vehicle.
Equipment and Capabilities
Designed as a simple and rugged vehicle, the engineers kept to the basics in its construction. The Freedom 900 features a try and true Internal Computation Engine with 300 kg fuel capacity. It's primary version is a convertible chassis modification, its hull is protected by 266 kg of BAR 6 grade civilian armor, allowing to handle everyday situations.
As of this writing, the Freedom 900 Hover Jeep has no record sheet nor battle value assigned to it.
The article implies there were earlier versions of the Freedom 900 Hover Jeep as well as an unannounced new variant named Freedom 1000. However, as of this writing nothing has been published aside from an entry for the Freedom 1000 listed on the MUL.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 66, "Freedom 900 Hover Jeep"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 54, "Freedom 900 Hover Jeep"
- online date for the Freedom 900