|Engine||GTEM 210 XL|
|Communications System||Skobel Wave VI Comm|
|Targeting Tracking System||Falcon 15 Watcher|
|Jump Jets||Waterly Heavy Lifters Improved Jump Jets|
|BV (2.0)||1,436 |
First appearing as an ad-hoc and incomplete design during the last days of the Word of Blake's defense of Terra, the Gallant was a broken-terrain cavalry BattleMech utilizing Improved Jump Jets in common use among the RAF, LCAF and AFFS.
One of the many haphazard prototype 'Mech designs the increasingly desperate Blakists threw into battle against Stone's Coalition, the Coalition's capture of the design specs and Skobel's partial production line at Moscow for the Gallant allowed them to refine and fully develop the design to help fill the desperate need for BattleMechs after the Jihad. After the formation of the Republic of the Sphere, the Gallants design specification were also exported to the Lyran Commonwealth and Federated Suns as a token of thanks for worlds that were given to help form the Republic.
Built using a XL Fusion Engine to devote weight to weapons rather speed, for the Gallant's envisioned cavalry role it was equipped with five Waterly Heavy Lifter Improved Jump Jets to more easily handle mountainous and urban terrain. Mounting thirteen tons of standard Pribak 9000 plating and equipped with fourteen Double Heat Sinks, the Gallant boasted respectable field endurance.
Originally conceived with a different weapons array, the prototype Gallant's weapon package was reworked at the eleventh hour to enhance its effectiveness against combined-armed formations and was retained when it entered full production. Principally armed with two Tronel XIII Large Pulse Lasers mounted in place of its right arm actuator, the Gallant also carried a large Skobel Drotnik MRM-20 launcher in its left torso supported by an ammo efficient Hovertec Streak SRM-2 rack in its right, each launcher allotted a single ton of ammunition placed in their respective side torso location. A head mounted Zippo Flamer rounded out its weaponry. 
- Prototype - Prior to being reworked to combat Devlin Stone's forces, the Gallant was orginally armed with a fairly standard array of energy and missile weapons. 
- GLT-8-0 - An experimental reworking of the Gallants original weapons array developed by Federated Suns, this variant featured a pair of Thunderbolt 10 Launchers in place of the Large Pulse Lasers. The 'Mechs secondary weapon systems were exchanged for four Medium X-Pulse Lasers. CASE was added to protect the ammunition for the Thunderbolt Launchers. BV (2.0) = 1,666
- ↑ MUL online date for the Gallant
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Technical Readout: 3085, p. 95
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Technical Readout: 3085, p. 94
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 140