- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
The Grand Melee Trial is used to determine which warrior will compete in the thirty-second slot of the tournament-structured Bloodright Trial. Any qualified warrior of a given heritage who was not nominated by a Bloodnamed warrior, or by a committee within the Clan and Bloodhouse, can press his or her claim to compete for the Bloodname through entering this trial.
On the day of the trial, all warriors present will do battle at once in what is described as a tremendous brawl, bereft of zellbrigen or any other consideration except for victory. Each warrior fights by their chosen method, be it a 'Mech, an Elemental Battle Armor suit, or an Aerospace Fighter. Besides the implied prohibition on teamwork, there are no rules to a Grand Melee. The winner is sometimes said to be lucky, and tends to simply be the one that survives to the end, alone.
Traditional decorum of the Trial itself may differ from Clan to Clan.
- Bloodname, chapter 28 and 29
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 119 - "Melee"