Heavy Naval Gauss
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Heavy Naval Gauss Rifle|
|Type||Capital Ballistic (Direct Fire)|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere/Clans|
|Damage|| 30 (Capital) |
|Ammo Per Ton||2|
|Cost (unloaded)||50.05 Million|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||90,000|
|BV (2.0)|| 6,048 |
The Heavy Naval Gauss Rifle, or Heavy N-Gauss, is the largest and heaviest Naval Gauss Rifle in use by WarShips. It fires a large ferrous slug at a WarShip, JumpShip, or DropShip. The largest drawback to the Heavy N-Gauss, like all Naval Gauss Rifles, is the sheer cost of the weapon. For the cost of a Naval Gauss Rifle, a WarShip can mount several smaller Naval Autocannon. One key benefit to the Heavy N-Gauss, and all Naval Gauss Rifles, is the extremely low heat they generate when compared to other Capital Weapons. In addition, if struck by enemy fire, the capacitors in the Heavy N-Gauss will not explode like a 'Mech scale Gauss Rifle.
- Tactical Operations, p. 409, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Combat Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 408, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Construction Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 384, "Inner Sphere Capital Scale Weapons And Equipment BV Table"
- Tactical Operations, p. 333, "Naval Gauss (Capital Gauss)"