- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Ceres Metals Industries|
|Chassis||Overlord Mk. 3 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Taijian StarShield II|
|Communications System||Ceres SuperComm 3|
|Targeting Tracking System||Wentland Giga-Track|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
|Jump Jets||Swingline X-1200|
With a military that utilizes 'Mechs like the Emperor, Pillager, and Victor in large numbers, the St. Ives Compact had a distinct need to protect those investments. To do this, the St. Ives Compact worked with engineers at Ceres Metals Industries to design a 'Mech that could both protect and support its heavier charges. The Helios is also produced by Ceres Metals for use by ComStar due to Comstar financing an increase in the number of production lines for the 'Mech. The Helios has excellent mobility when compared to the 'Mechs it defends with a top speed of 64.8 km/h provided by its Pitban 240 fusion engine. The Helios can also jump up to one hundred and twenty meters by virtue of its four Swingline X-1200 jump jets. For protection from enemy fire, the Helios has a light, but adequate, nine tons of armor protection.
Weapons and Equipment
The Helios carries a MilDouglas "Emperor Bones" Series Gauss Rifle as its primary weapon. This allows the Helios to strike an enemy at ranges similar to that of the 'Mechs it protects with respectable firepower. For close combat, the Helios has two BlazeFire Longshot ER Medium Lasers and a pair of MilDouglas "Duke" SRM-6 launchers which can usually make short work of an enemy 'Mech that makes it into short range.
- This was an Advance Tech variant that was developed during the Jihad. The 'Mech's engine was exchanged for a Light Fusion Engine and also its armor was lessened for more equipment. The original's Gauss Rifle is replaced by a Heavy PPC, in either torso location a Medium Variable Speed Pulse Laser has been added. The original's ER Medium Lasers are retained in the left arm. A C3i Computer was also included in this model. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 1,761
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 104-105, "Helios 'Mech Profile"
- MUL online date for the Helios
- Combat Operations, p. 122
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 154
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 161
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 155
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 162
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 157
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged p. 156
- Technical Readout: 3150, p. 223