Hell's Horse (species)
- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|(Equus Carnivorus Circae)|
|Type||Genetically modified, introduced, feral|
|Average mass||500 kg|
|Average length||210 cm|
|Average height||150 cm|
The totem species of Clan Hell's Horses. A horse that was genetically manipulated to survive in the thin air of the highland deserts of Circe, the Hell's Horse was described as carnivorous and uncontrollably aggressive. Slated for destruction by the scientists, an unknown warrior would set them free. They thrived in their environment, showing a love for caves that dotted the land. They would also adapt to the mountain ranges of Niles. They were selected as totem for their fury and strength. Hell's horses typically live in small herds of five to fifteen animals, led by the strongest mares. They are also well adapted to the thin air of Niles.
Though many Clan warriors have tried, no one has ever successfully tamed a hell's horse. Riding a hell's horse is nearly impossible as well.
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 16, "Original Clans"
- Classic BattleTech Companion, p. 138, "Species Profile"