Hellbore Assault Laser
- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
The Hellbore Assault Laser is a twin-barreled, man-portable laser infantry support weapon for anti-vehicle use. Created by ComStar, the weapon is unique for incorporating Lostech from the Star League era in its design, making it comparable to weapons used by the Star League Defense Force.
Two major drawbacks limit its utility however. Despite an extensive cooling system, the heat from firing the Hellbore still threatens to cause enough damage to render the weapon useless. Second, the energy required to fire the Hellbore means it will quickly drain a standard power pack. To remedy these defects, the weapon is usually powered by a military-grade power pack, and shots fired alternate between the two barrels, allowing for sufficient cool-down time.
- Item:Hellbore Assault Laser
- Equipment Rating: E/X-X-E/E
- Armor Piercing/Base Damage: 6E/6
- Range: 60/205/465/1100 meters
- Shots: 10 Power Points per Shot
- Cost/Reload: 2500/*
- Affiliation: CS
- Mass/Reload: 10kg/*
- Notes: Encumbering
- Lostech, p. 43
- A Time of War, p. 275