- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
A Holotank is an extremely rare form of holographic technology used by the Clans for command-and-control purposes. The Holotank unit consists of a large holographic projector connected to an elaborate computer system. The projector is able to create a three-dimensional image the size of a man or larger, which can be adjusted to show an entire planet's surface down to a detailed view of a city block. When updated with accurate battlefield information, the Holotank can show the locations of friendly and enemy forces, while laser and ultrasonic motion detectors allow a commander to manipulate the image and give orders to units. Orders and other information are received and transmitted by an attached Advanced Field Comm Kit.
Five operators are required to manage the communications gear, while a sixth maintains the connection between it and the Holotank. A seventh crew member maintains the connection between the Holotank and the computer system and acts as a general technician for the entire unit. The Holotank is highly prized as, even among Clan military formations, it is a unique piece of technology.
- Item: Holotank
- Equipment Ratings: E/E-X-E/B
- Cost: 500,000
- Affiliation: Clan
- Mass: 2,000kg
- Power use: 1 Power Point per Hour
- LosTech: The MechWarrior Equipment Guide, p. 102, "Holotank"
- A Time of War, p. 302, "Audio/Video/Trideo Equipment - Table"