InMediaRes Productions, LLC was founded in 2003 by Loren and Heather Coleman with the expressed purpose of licensing the ability to publish new, canon Classic BattleTech fiction to the Internet from WizKids. Wizkids granted this license to IMR in the fall of 2003, which directly led to the creation of BattleCorps in August 2004. In 2005, IMR announced its intentions to branch out into Shadowrun fiction and established Holostreets with the intention of doing for Shadowrun what had been done for BattleTech. IMR hoped to have Holostreets up and running by 2008, but other activities have delayed this.
On April 20, 2007, IMR announced that it was in negotiations with WizKids and FanPro to acquire the licenses for Classic BattleTech and Shadowrun, as FanPro's licenses were set to expire. On May 17, 2007, IMR announced the creation of Catalyst Game Labs in preparation for the acquisition of the licenses. When IMR acquired the licenses shortly thereafter, Catalyst became the subsidiary that produces print sourcebooks for both lines.
 External Links
- ↑ http://www.wizkidsgames.com/wk_article.asp?cid=38058
- ↑ http://www.battlecorps.com/BC2/static.php?page=6
- ↑ http://www.shadowrunrpg.com/wordpress/?p=66
- ↑ http://forum.rpg.net/showpost.php?s=239e8f3fa841d2a614467556682d5e12&p=9262109&postcount=102
- ↑ http://www.battlecorps.com/BC2/news.html?article=241
- ↑ http://www.battlecorps.com/BC2/news.html?article=246