- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
The Industrial Drill was originally a tooling for exoskeletons in the mining industry and in various forms has been available since before the dawn of spaceflight. Experimental mounting of a drill on a Kanazuchi suit demonstrated that the device is so unwieldy that the very limited effect the drill has renders the system ineffective as a weapon. The DCMS engineer corps use this "manipulator" to assist in the construction of fortifications and other battlefield emplacements. While obviously quite useful in boring or digging operations Battlearmor equipped with an Industrial Drill experience a serious loss of dexterity.
- TechManual, p. 259, "Industrial Drill"
- Classic BattleTech Companion, p. 175, "Industial Drill"