- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Ku Wheeled Assault Tank|
|Armor||"Magnum" Ferro-Fibrous Composite|
|Communications System||Build 1685 Tacticom|
|Targeting Tracking System||Series VI Integrated TTS|
The Ku Wheeled Assault Tank is designed to, slowly but surely, advance against an enemy's line and bring as many of its weapons as possible to bear. Based on the Turhan produced by the SLDF, the Ku can only manage a top speed of 65 km/h. To protect it, the combat vehicle carries seven tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor, spread rather evenly over its entire surface. It is odd for a Clan vehicle in that it has many accommodations for an extended campaign. It features a fully-pressurized cabin, complete with a small airlock, a small stove, and sleeping facilities for one crew member.
Weapons and Equipment
The largest gun on the Ku is its Type 9 Ultra Autocannon/10. This large-bore autocannon is capable of inflicting serious wounds on any opponent in the Ku's weight class or under. The only deficiency is that, with two tons of ammunition, it can run out rather quickly, so using volley fire is generally recommended. The longest-range firepower comes from the Series 7J ER Large Laser. At pointblank, the Ku's gunner can make use of a Series 1 ER Small Laser. The only weapon which is not mounted in the tank's turret is the Pattern JX Streak SRM-4, which is located in the front of the vehicle. This can exploit any weaknesses created by the larger guns, and functions effectively as an anti-tank weapon.
- IFV / Turhan II
- This variant returns the Ku back to its parent design's original mission of infantry fighting vehicle / troops transport. The Fusion Engine is exhanged for a XL model, which opens more room in the vehicle. A 10 ton Infantry Bay in installed in the vehicle's hull. All Ku's original weaponry is removed for pair of turret mounted ER Medium Lasers. For anti-infantry, pair of AP Gauss Rifles are mounted on the vehicle, one placed in the turret and mounted in the front of the vehicle. BV (2.0) = 1,042
- MUL online date for the Ku
- Combat Operations, p. 131
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 87
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 58-59, "Ku Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 88 - Ku's Turhan II variant.