|Parents||Tamara Centrella (mother)|
Character Physical Appearance
As of 3025, she was two meters in height, dark complexion, dark wavy hair, and grey eyes. She had a muscular and trim body. These attributes showed well when wore the typical sleeveless silk garments she prefers to wear. She had high cheek bones gives her predator-like look to her. Her over-all appearance had been committed as to having a striking personal magnetism.
Character Personality and Ablities
In 3025, she would put own personal needs aside for sake of plight of her people. She had insatiable desire for men, which has cost her a number of marriages. She was a master of seduction, using her skills and abilities bend others. She also student of ancient potions which allows her be able seduce individuals. She was also known for her discretion and respectful manners towards family and foes alike.
After the Andurien Secession War, she lost of her ally led to a increased her paranoia and mental instablity.
She was raised by her family to despise anything that came from the Free Worlds League. Also she viewed anything from the Inner Sphere with a eye of suspicion.
As Magestrix of Canopus
Kyalla Centrella was elected to become the Magistracy of Canopus's Magestrix after the death of her mother, Tamara, in 3012. Once in office, she pushed ahead for far-reaching social and economic reforms. She adopted "service for a service" policy in her strategies to deal with foreign relations. This allowed more skilled technicians and scientists to come to Canopus and improve her nation. At one point, she ordered the death of her second husband because he was attempting to usurp her throne.
In mid-3020s she and Duchess of Duchy of Andurien had secret talks where they seduce each other into forming an alliance. Humphreys had first approached Kyalla in creating a political alliance between their two nations. Secretly Kylla had plotted the alliance to make new Periphery super state with Andurien with aimed to ultimately destroy the Free Worlds League. She and Catherine Humphreys unite their realms. Duchess moved to have the two families marry one another. Kyalla had arranged for her only daughter to marry Catherine's hedonistic youngest son, Richard. However, this wasn't desirable to Emma, who rejected Richard.
The Andurien-Canopus Alliance & War
In September 3030, the combined alliance launches its war against the Capellan Confederation. Duchess Humphreys seeing it being means to fully constitute her dream of independent Andurien and ridding of themselves of a potential threat, which were weaken from the Fourth Succession War. By 3032, despite reversals in fortunes against taking Capellan territory, Kyalla order expansion of the Magistracy's occupation zones, however her allied Catherine was as sure their chances for their war and the alliance succeeding. Two of her children has been killed in the fight so far with battles on couple important world in stalemates.
In 3039, Kyalla's mental state had grown into paranoia. With her daughter protests of her actions due to the war, She begun suspecting her daughter of treason so she order her to be arrested (as well assassinated). However, her daughter escaped arrest and mounted a coup with forces pledging their support for her and unseated Kyalla in May 8th, 3040.
Family & Children
Kyalla had a child with her second husband named Emma. Due to her hedonistic behavior, this caused her seek out more sensual persuits ruined her three marriages.
Positions and Titles
|Magestrix of the Magistracy of Canopus
3012 – 3040
| Succeeded by|
|Royal Defender of the Magistracy of Canopus
3012 – 3040
| Succeeded by|
- In the original Periphery book, she was born on the world of Luxen, hence her daughter being the Duchess of that world. However, in later publications her birth was said to be on Canopus IV.
- The Periphery (1988) - Kyalla Centrella's profile - age give with image of her as of 3025.
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 48 - Kyalla Centralla's profile - Death noted.
- The Periphery (1988), p. 101 - Kyalla profile - Special Skills/Powers - uses potions to seduce her intended targets.
- The Periphery (1988), p. 102 - Emma Centrella profile - Emma upset for her mother’s execution of her father and her affairs that drove him to try usurp the throne.
- Historical: Brush Wars , p. 58 - Devil's Brood - 5th son of Catherine Humphrey is rejected by Emma Centrella.
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 62 - 3032: Counterblows - Kyalla get confident the alliance's conquests, but her ally isn't as sure.
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 66 - New Roland (November-February) 3035 - Last Canopian forces including Emma's Cuirassiers departure from the planet marks end of the war.
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 84 - Magistracy of Canopus - Brief info on the Emma's coup against now mentally unstable and paranoid mother.