- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
Owned by Interconnectedness Unlimited, the Lucretia was a Tramp-class JumpShip. It was heavily modified with two permanently attached Mule-class DropShips and (it is implied) a Lithium-Fusion Battery. Effectively a space-borne habitat and working environment for hundreds of scientists that moved between empty systems for secrecy, it is thought to have been the first vessel to mount the experimental Super-Jump Drive that IU produced around the year 3000.
The Lucretia was also responsible for the "New Syrtis Shipyards Incident" in June 3022 that caused an explosion in one of the dry-docks followed by a chain reaction involving several chemical storage areas and a fusion reactor. The truth (which was covered up, and possibly never found out by the officials) is that an IU-owned company, Golden Star Lines, had leased the dry-dock for four months and refitted and completed the Lucretia there. To avoid exposure of the project after a security breach, the vessel activated its jump drive in the middle of the shipyard complex, causing considerable destruction.
It met its end in 3071 in the star of the PX-4509 system (reported to lie fifty light-years from the next system) when the resident scientists somehow micro-jumped the ship into the sun rather than be captured by a pursuing Word of Blake Invader-class vessel.
- Although the main source on the Lucretia is the Jihad Conspiracies: Interstellar Players 2 sourcebook, the information pertaining to this vessel is presented as fact, largely found in the Gamemaster/Behind the Scenes sections, and not as a mere canon rumor.
- Jihad Conspiracies: Interstellar Players 2, pp. 85-86, 126-127
- Jihad Conspiracies: Interstellar Players 2, p. 86 (sidebar textbox)