Mandrake Hold-Out Gauss Pistol
- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
The Mandrake Hold-Out Gauss Pistol is an easily concealed, single-shot, hold-out Gauss Pistol developed for agents of the Capellan Confederation's intelligence service, the Maskirovka. Its carbon-ceramic casing prevents the weapon from being picked up by metal detectors, while the use of a stored charge rather than chemical propellants to fire the bullet conceals the weapon from chemical or spectrographic detection. The weapon cannot be reloaded or recharged once fired, resulting in the Mandrake being discarded after use.
- LosTech: The MechWarrior Equipment Guide, pp. 31-32, "Mandrake Hold-Out Gauss Pisto"
- A Time of War, p. 268, "Gauss Weapons - Table"