- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Nuberu Anti-Aircraft Tank|
|Manufacturer||United Outworlders Corporation|
|Mission||Air Defense Vehicle|
|Armor||Compound RX-5 Laser-Reflective|
|Engine||Jones ElectroCell 180 Fuel Cell|
|Speed||54 kph km/h|
|Communications System||Consolidated BMR 6c|
|Targeting Tracking System||TRTTS Mark V AirTracker|
The Nuberu Anti-Aircraft Tank is a post-Jihad design, which was developed jointly by Clan Snow Raven and Outworlds Alliance in early 3080s. After the end of the Jihad, pirate activity in the newly expanded Raven Alliance began to increase to point that the OA's armed forces were no longer able provide adequate aircover for its worlds' ground forces.
Based on the Partisan, the Nuberu use advanced technology to provide a greater air-defense capacity to both Clan and Alliance ground forces. Powered by a 180 Rated Fuel Cell engine, vehicle allows also but modest 54 kilometer per hour, keep pace with slower combat vehicles. Protecting its hull, Clan Scientists have added 9.5 tons of Clan Laser Reflective Armor.
Weapons and Equipment
The Nuberu's main batteries consist of four Clan tech LB-5X Autocannons split between two turrets with enhanced an anti-aircraft targeting system. Standard practice for the autocannons to be loaded with exclusively LB-X cluster ammunition, which vehicle only carries two tons to feed its guns with.
- Nuberu 2
- Also known as the "Numantia", is designed to be a companion to the the standard model. The Nuberu 2's mission is to act as body guard unit against ground attack against vulnerable anti-air model. The forward turret has pair of Streak SRM-6 Launchers for short range engagements, while rear turret features four LRM 15 Launchers for long-range engagements. The vehicle has been also given 6 Light Machine Guns which split in pair of three between the two turrets.
- The technology listed in this vehicle has been re-rated according to the Jihad Technology Advancement Table found in TRO: Prototypes. Dual Turret (Vehicle) is list as Tournament Legal, while Laser-Reflective armor brings the Nuberu tech level to Advanced.
- MUL online date for the Nuberu
- Master Unit List Nuberu profile gives BV2 value.
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p.77, "Nuberu Anti-Aircraft Tank"
- Record Sheets, p. 41
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 76, "Nuberu Anti-Aircraft Tank" - Background and capacities.
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, pp. 76-77, "Nuberu Anti-Aircraft Tank" - Weapons stats & Description.
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 76, "Nuberu Anti-Aircraft Tank - Variant Description. No BV2 listed"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, pp. 206-208, "Jihad Technology Advancement Table" - Tech levels for Nuberu's components vary from Total Warfare rules.