- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Odin Scout Tank|
|Armor||Compound 2110 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Communications System||Consolidated BMR 6|
|Targeting Tracking System||TRTTS Mark II|
The Odin Scout Tank is a quick combat vehicle that is one of the finest reconnaissance units in any Clan's touman. Only twenty tons, the wheeled vehicle relies upon its 130 km/h top speed to stay out of enemy fire, as its one and a half ton of Ferro-Fibrous armor is woefully insufficient to stand up to anything more substantial than small arms fire. Unlike most Clan warriors, the two-person crew of an Odin train together for their career, as the duo needs a close, working relationship in order to properly man the small, sophisticated tank. Its main reason for existence is the Active Probe, which can detect hidden units out to one hundred fifty meters.
Weapons and Equipment
Though the Odin is supposed to stay out of combat, it is capable of defending itself if necessary. Its turret mounts a pair of Kolibri Omega Series Medium Pulse Lasers and a Pattern J2 Streak SRM-2 launcher. The driver controls the Series 1 ER Small Laser that is mounted in the front.
- The variant of the Odin has been remodeled for recon and spotting for artillery / indirect fire situations. The vehicle's engine has been replaced with a Fuel Cell engine, while still retaining the vehicle's original speeds. The smaller engine allowed for new equipment to be installed in this Advanced Jihad era variant. It has been equipped with an ECM Suite, TAG, and a Narc Missile Beacon. The Odin's weaponry was stripped for pair of AP Gauss Rifles. The vehicle has been given 12 rounds for the Narc launcher and 40 rounds for the AP Gauss Rifles. BV (2.0) = 338
- MUL online date for the Odin
- Combat Operations, p. 108
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 23
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 38-39, "Odin Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 60
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 61