- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Oro Heavy Tank|
|Armor||Compound 3092/3 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Communications System||Q2 Block 7|
|Targeting Tracking System||Build 2 JRD TTS|
The Oro Heavy Tank is a combat vehicle that was designed specifically to destroy other conventional vehicles, as well as aircraft. It has a modest top speed of 65 km/h, and only five and a half tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor. The present configuration was the result of an upgrade by Clan Steel Viper to specifically counter the aerospace fighters of Clan Snow Raven. The Ravens liked the new design so much they decided to use them to train their fighter pilots to avoid ground batteries.
Weapons and Equipment
A respectable, and accurate, punch from long range comes from the Kolibri Delta Series Large Pulse Laser mounted in the Oro's turret. It is supplemented by a Series 2d ER Medium Laser that is in the front of the vehicle. These two weapons combine to give the Oro a decent amount of firepower at medium range. It is at close range that the Oro truly excels, however, thanks to its turret-mounted Type J LB-X Autocannon/20. The large-bore autocannon is capable of both shredding armor with slug round and using its cluster munitions to pummel a target. It is truly the cluster shot that allows the Oro to succeed in its niche, as it can damage tires, treads, and fans; in addition to acting as flak to take down airborne targets.
- HAG - This variant was introduced during the Jihad era, which makes use of the new Hyper Assault Gauss Rifles technology that came out during beginning throes of the era. All weapons save the Large Pulse Laser are removed. They been replaced with by a single Class 30 Hyper Assault Gauss Rifle that has 16 rounds of ammunition. Also, armor protection of the vehicle has been doubled from its baseline model. BV (2.0)= 1,492
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 60-61
- MUL online date for the Oro
- Combat Operations, p. 108
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 89
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 90 - HAG variant of the Oro.