(References to Padilla)
|Padilla Heavy Artillery Tank|
|Mission||Fire Support, Artillery|
|Engine||Ragusson 375 XL Fusion Engine|
|Speed||86 kph km/h|
|Communications System||Teldon 19|
|Targeting Tracking System||Scope 30 RDNST w/TAG|
Introduced in 2620 by Leopard Armor of Terra for the SLDF, the Padilla artillery tank was created as companion to the Chaparral. Stationed well back from the front lines, the Padilla was usually paired with light, fast BattleMechs equipped with Target Acquisition Gear to make better use of their missile artillery. If caught in a firefight, the Padilla relied on its speed and maneuverability for protection, as it was built with only five and a half tons of armoring.
Most of the Padillas produced were destroyed during General Aleksandr Kerensky's Operation Liberation, the battle to free Terra from Stefan Amaris and end the Amaris Civil War. By the time of the First Succession War only twenty of the tanks could be found in active service, all with the Capellan Confederation, but they were soon stripped of their weapons systems when the Capellans' stock of Arrow IV missiles ran out. By the 31st Century, only fifteen Padillas still remained within the Inner Sphere, deployed with Com Guard units operating within the Free Rasalhague Republic, with some sold to the Second Star League's SLDF in a symbolic gesture.
More recently, the Word of Blake has resumed production of the Padilla, once again produced by Leopard Armor on Terra. Leopard Armor is also building the Red Shift battlemech, designed to serve as a fast artillery spotter for the tank.
The vehicle's primary weaponry is its forward mounted Katyusha Arrow IV Missile Launcher, stocked with six tons of ammunition. The vehicle's self-defense weaponry includes a pair of Martell Medium Pulse Lasers. To protect the vehicle from missile fire, its been armed with a forward mounted Burrow Anti-Missile System with two tons of ammunition. The Burrow system proved to be susceptible to electronic jamming, however, and while the Quartermaster Command ordered their replacement with improved McArthur systems, most never had the chance to refit. The vehicle was also equipped with its own TAG to provide for guided missile fire.
- LRM Variant - This First Succession War era variant resulted from House Liao's inability to produce more Arrow IV missiles. Their surviving vehicles were refitted with a pair of LRM-20s with two tons ammunition. BV (1.0) = 855, BV (2.0) = 1,113
 Related Vehicles
- The original vehicle uses Inner Sphere Advanced Rules.
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 219
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3067
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 210
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrade, p. 131 - "Padilla heavy artillery tank tech level".
- Technical Readout: 3058, pg. 66-67
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 200-201