Padilla Artillery Tank
|Padilla Artillery Tank|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Communications System||COMSET 9c|
|Targeting Tracking System||Aldis TTS 7|
Not to be confused with the original Padilla, the Padilla Tube Artillery Tank was a Republic of the Sphere vehicle meant to fulfill a similar role. Originally designed and produced by Aldis Industries at the request of Precentor Martial Cameron St. Jamais, the Padilla Tube Artillery Tank serves as the main conventional artillery support platform used by the Republic Armed Forces.
Carrying seven and a half tons of armor, the Padilla is well-protected for a vehicle of its size. This is good as the tank's low top speed could make it an easy target for fast moving units or airstrikes.
Weapons and Equipment
The Padilla Tube Artillery Tank carries a Sniper Artillery Piece as it's main weapon. Backed up by two tons of ammunition, this weapon allows the Padilla to put effective fire on targets from a great distance. For shorter range fire support, the Padilla is equipped with two LRM-5 launchers backed up by two tons of ammunition. This two ton bay allows the Padilla crew to mix their ammunition types. Occasionally Padilla crews have loaded Thunder LRMs to create a quick minefield. This allows them to delay enemy forces while they withdraw from close combat. Finally, a pair of Small Pulse Lasers serve to deter infantry, whether they're conventional or battle armored troops.
- Long Tom Cannon
- Developed in 3077, the Padilla LTC carries a single Long Tom Cannon with two tons of ammunition. To make room for this massive weapon, the Padilla LTC drops one LRM launcher and a ton of ammunition. This variant also carries a Guardian ECM Suite to help protect itself. BV (2.0) = 985
- Dark Age (Padilla AMS)
- The main weapon system of this variant is a turret mounted Defiance Thumper artillery tube. This allows the Padilla to provide accurate fire support from long distances. The Padilla also packs a relatively large defensive armament, uncommon in other mobile artillery units. Besides a pair of turret mounted Harpoon SRM-6 racks, the Padilla also carries a pair of Mainfire PD Anti-Missile Systems. This version was also produced by Cyclops Incorporated instead of Aldus Industries.
- Padilla Anti-Missile Tank
- This version of the Padilla introduced in 3134, replaces the standard Padilla weaponry with a Gauss Rifle tied into a Targeting Computer. The only other weapons are RISC Advanced Point Defense Systems carried in the turret. Seven and a half tons of Vehicular Stealth Armor are powered by a Guardian ECM Suite. This allows the Padilla Anti-Missile Tank to improve anti-missile defenses for itself and nearby friendly units, as well as providing direct fire support. The tank's top speed remains at 54km/h. BV (2.0) = 1,155
- Padilla - The original Padilla was a SLDF design. Twenty tons heavier then the Republic Padilla Artillery Tank, other notable differences include the use of tracks instead of wheels, a lack of defensive armament, and the use of an Arrow IV launcher as its weapon system of choice.
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 32-33, "Padilla Tube Artillery Tank"
- online date for the Padilla Artillery Tank
- MUL online data for the Padilla Tube Artillery Tank (LTC) variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 35
- MUL online data for the Padilla Tube Artillery Tank (Thumper) variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 13
- Technical Readout: 3150, p. 222, "New Tech, New Upgrades - Vehicles"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 3, p. 13, "Padilla Anti-Missile Tank"
- MUL online data for the Padilla Anti-Missile Tank (Standard)