Partisan AA Vehicle
|Partisan AA Vehicle|
|Armor||Kallon Unity Weave Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Nissan 230 Fusion|
|Communications System||Jolex Systems|
|Targeting Tracking System||AntiAir Flak Systems-1|
2 x LB-5X AC
Unveiled in 3110 the Partisan AA Vehicle, a lighter take on the original Partisan Air Defense Tank, was meant to be cheaper and faster but still be equally effective in the anti-aircraft role. The newer Partisan came into existence due in part to Kallon Weapons Industries' failed efforts to capture business in the defense industry market in the Inner Sphere. Produced on Loyalty, the Partisan AA's initial debut turned out to be lackluster. It would prove to be neither inexpensive nor easily replaced if lost in battle. However, the vehicle would eventually overcome these shortfalls and prove its usefulness in the years to come.
A noted battle occurred on Astrokaszy in March of 3145, where Partisan AA Vehicles were deployed by both the defending Rim Commonality and Magistracy of Canopus. Elements of the 5th Rim Commonality Guards were able to deploy its forces to cut down large scores of the MoC's Magistracy Cavaliers AeroSpace assets from dominating the skies over the battle. Both side's Partisan units would score a high number of kills between one another by the Battle of Hillock Falls' conclusion.
Weapons and Equipment
The Partisan AA Vehicle is armed with dual Defiance Shredder LB 5-X Autocannon mounted in the vehicle's turret. These guns, along with its excellent anti-aircraft equipment, allow the vehicle to engage aircraft, such as VTOLs and other airborne targets. The vehicle's three tons of ammunition is enough to sustain the vehicle in combat.
An improvement over its heavier predeccessor, the vehicle was designed with a 230-rated standard Fusion Engine, which allows the vehicle to achieve higher speeds. However, the vehicle is not as all-terrain as its tracked original. The tank's hull is protected by 5.5 tons of Kallon Unity Weave Ferro-Fibrous Armor.
- Partisan AA Vehicle (3134 Upgrade)
- Produced in 3134, this version of the Partisan AA would give the vehicle a longer reach than before, while gaining a secondary weaponry which the Standard Model lacked. Gone is the standard LB-5X Class autocannons, in their place are a pair of Class 2 Hypervelocity Autocannons with two tons of ammunition. Though lacking the punch of the Standard's bigger LB-5Xs, the HVAC/2s accuracy is improved by adding a Targeting Computer to the vehicle. As a secondary weapon, the vehicle is fitted with a 10-tubed Rocket Launcher in the turret. BV(2.0)=553
When originally produced for WizKid's MechWarrior: Dark Age collectable miniature game, the Partisan AA Vehicle was given a dossier which reveals some Classic Battletech stats. However, the vehicle's information didn't correspond with construction rules for Combat Vehicles. When the franchise advanced to 3145, the vehicle was updated to meet these construction rule requirements to be functional in the game. When the vehicle made its debut in WizKid's Death from Above expansion pack, unique vehicle/dossier was created for it. Tameka Pryer (Partisan AA Vehicle)'s dossier would reveal what vehicle's then Classic Battletech stats were and lead to it translated stats featured in TRO: 3145 Free Worlds League.
The Partisan AA Vehicle has the following Design Quirk:
Partisan Air Defense Tank - The original Partisan was a much heavier design.
The original MWDA image of the the Partisan AA Vehicle.
- MUL online date for the Partisan AA Vehicle
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, pp. 17 & 70 Partisan AA Vehicle - BV2.
- MUL Profile for Partisan AA Vehicle - BV2 and Introduction Year.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 239
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 16 Partisan AA Vehicle - Background.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, pp. 16-17 Partisan AA Vehicle - Stats.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, pp. 16 & 71 Partisan AA Vehicle (3134 Upgrade) - Variant information and stats.
- MUL Profile for Partisan AA Vehicle (3134 Upgrade) - BV2 and Introduction Year.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 240