- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
- 1 Brief Description
- 2 Listing of Pentagon Powers
- 2.1 Arcadia
- 2.2 Babylon
- 2.3 Circe
- 2.4 Dagda
- 2.5 Eden
- 3 References
- 4 Bibliography
These powers originally were part of the five Pentagon Worlds nation known as the Star League-In-Exile. Settled by SLDF's Exodus Fleet, lead by the General Alekander Kerensky. Underlining tensions among citizenry and soldiers among the SLDF grew since leaving the Inner Sphere. However insurrection of the City of Cathry and ultimately the death of General Alekander Kerensky brought the demise of the nation and the birth of the fragmented powers which were formed from the fires of unchecked warfare.
These groups were not interstellar powers, but small factions of people divided and united by their past political makeup. The Exodus War Civil War - or Pentagon Civil War as it was sometimes referred to - reduced the technology levels of the Pentagon Powers to a hodge-podge of low technology nations with high-tech artifacts.
Listing of Pentagon Powers
The following is a break down of each faction found per world/landmass they resided on.
- Democratic Republic of Rand - 5 mixed regular battalions.
- Helgren County - 2 mixed veteran battalions.
- Kingdom of Surev - 5 mixed regular companies.
- Dragon's Republic - 4 mixed regular battalions.
- Garrak & Korban - 4 mixed regular companies.
- Principalities of Breck & Xanadi - 4 mixed regular companies.
- Confederation of Arcadia - 6 mixed regular battalions.
- Ilkasur Shogunate - 7 mixed regular battalions.
- Nation of Hastur - 9 mixed regular battalions.
- Ravisham Collective - 3 mixed regular battalions.
- Abyssinia - 2 total mixed regular battalions.
- "Mountain People" - 4 veteran mixed companies.
- Camlaan - 3 mixed regular battalions.
- East Solath rebels groups - 4 total mixed regular battalions.
- Sumral Carta - 2 mixed regular battalions.
Northern Habitable Zone
- Sand Confederacy - 3 mixed regular battalions.  One of the oldest factions on Circe, the Confederacy was a loose collection of nomadic desert tribes that chafed at the rules imposed by the Star League-in-Exile, expanding considerably with refugees from the Pentagon Civil War. Their nomadic nature dragged out their conquest until Clan Snow Raven's capture of the city of Dehra Dun and free offer of access to its aquifer in return of obeying Clan laws ended their military opposition.
- Empire of Hidalgo - 5 mixed regular battalions. More formally known as "the Glorious Imperial Dominion of the God-King Hidalgo", the Empire was ruled by Antonio Hidalgo, a devout but mentally unbalanced SLDF lieutenant who created a theocratic empire, brutally meting out divine justice to those who didn't strictly follow his faith. In the twenty years leading up to Klondike, Hidalgo's white clad Brigada de Dios, literally Brigade of God, slaughtered over 20 to 40 thousand people in purges of the unfaithful.
- Tabor Voivoidate - 2 mixed green battalions. Democratic proto-state of Free Worlds League heritage. In contrast to most of the other battles, most significant opposition to Clan conquest was protest marches and strikes, its military quickly collapsing. 
- Kerensky Dominion - 3 mixed veteran battalions. Terran Loyalist faction that steadfastly held to the attitudes and morals of the Star League and Aleksandr Kerensky. Led by triumvirate drawn from the military, political and religious elements of society, the Dominion acted only defensively and occasionally attempted to act a neutral part and peacekeeper in the region, retaining a relatively high level of technology and a strong military. Mistakenly believing they would be treated as equals, during Klondike the Dominion leadership pledged its support to the "sons of the great father" and aided the Clans in defeating the Hidalgo Empire and Tabor Voivoidate. Dismayed to find the Clans had little in common with the Star League and aggrieved at their use seemingly only as cannon fodder, a senior Dominion military officer was killed while attempting to protest the treatment of his troops, the Clans brutally putting down the Dominion's "mutiny".
- Rasmussen Elite - 4 mixed regular battalions. A strange mixture of Lyran, Combine and Terran warriors, the Elite were a "thugocracy", offering "protection" in return for the every whim of its warriors being met. Settling its disputes between warriors in trials by combat, often to the death, in many respects the individual warriors of the Elite were the equal of the Clans in one-on-one combat, only falling thanks to their inferior technology and coordinated Clan Wolverine counter-attacks. The ilKhan would ultimately describe the Rasmussen Elite as the Clans "shadow brothers", their society corrupted by their martial prowess rather than using it to protect it.
- Isle of the Eagles(L’Isle des Aigles) - 2 veteran battalions. House Davion-originated power, known to favor French language.
Southern Habitable Zone
- Emerald Kingdom - 4 mixed regular battalions.
- Gant Republic - 5 mixed green battalions.
- Mongrel Mob - 3 mixed regular battalions.
- Brotherhood of Fianna - 3 mixed veteran battalions.
- Hailes Commonwealth - 1 mixed regular battalion, 11 coastal cutters.
- Oriente Dominion - 3 mixed veteran battalions.
- Ryan's Roughnecks - 4 mixed regular battalions.
- Imbros collectives - no organized military.
- Minor Gressen factions - 2 mixed green battalions.
- McMillan Collective - 2 mixed veteran battalions.
- Minor Rivan factions - 3 mixed regular companies.
- The Chosen - 2 mixed veteran battalions.
- Scattered Salan factions - 6 mixed regular companies.
- Brotherhood of Donegal - 4 mixed veteran battalions.
- The Drakkars - 2 mixed veteran battalions.
Ocean Based Factions
- Mimosa Atoll - 1 veteran infantry company.
- Penn Atoll - 1 regular infantry company.
- Kepler Atoll - Unknown volume of infantry.
- Minor Amur factions - 3 mixed regular companies
- Irkutsk Irregulars - 2 mixed regular battalions.
- Levic Ascendancy - 2 'Mech battalions, 5 mixed veteran battalions.
- The McDonald Collective - no organized military.
- People's Congress - 2 green infantry companies.
- Sarbat Khanate - 4 mixed veteran battalions.
- Purgatory Cities - 4 mixed veteran battalions.
- Abaddon mining settlements - 3 mixed green companies.
- Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 134 "The Pentagon - Arcadia"
- Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 135 "The Pentagon - Babylon"
- Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 136 "The Pentagon - Circe"
- Historical: Operation Klondike, pp. 72-76 "Circe - The Northern Campaign"
- Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 76 "Circe - The Northern Campaign - The Last Campaign"
- Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 137 "The Pentagon - Dagda"
- Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 85 "Dagda - The Legend of the Ghostly Seawolf"
- Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 138 "The Pentagon - Eden"