- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Irian Technologies, Free Worlds Defense Industries|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Top Speed||22 km/h|
|Armor Type||Improved Stealth|
The Phalanx is a battle armor design created and produced by Irian Technologies in the Free Worlds League. This design is the FWLM's answer to larger, harder-hitting battle armor such as the Kanazuchi and Gnome. They began to engineer the Phalanx in 3059, but problems plagued the team that could not be resolved. After more than two years, IrTech brought in scientists from Word of Blake, who quickly solved the technical problems. When production began in 3065, the Word was allowed to purchase units as repayment for their assistance. Shortly thereafter, they began producing their own variant on Gibson.
The Phalanx has decent speed for heavy battle armor, capable of moving on the ground at a clip up to 22 km/h. It skimps on armor protection, however, as a Large Laser is enough to completely destroy the suit and kill the trooper inside. This armor is, however, improved stealth, which means that the Phalanx is much more difficult to target than most other battle armor. 
Weapons and EquipmentThe Phalanx features a "King David" Light Gauss Rifle, which has good range, but only decent firepower. To supplement this, the battlesuit carries an SRM-4 with an additional reload. The missile launcher uses a detachable system similar to the one found on the Longinus. The Phalanx has a Battle Claw on the left hand and an Armored Glove on the right, meaning that it can make use of infantry weapons and can ride mounted on OmniMechs. It cannot, however, make anti-'Mech attacks.
- Since the Word helped the FWLM create the Phalanx, they have created their own variant. Though they use the original as well, the Blakist Phalanx carries a 'Mech Taser Rifle instead of the "King David" rifle. The one-shot weapon enables Phalanx troopers to disable a vehicle or 'Mech, though it also suffers feedback and, potentially, an explosion. This version of the Phalanx uses Advanced Technology. BV (1.0) = 51 BV (2.0) = 61
- MUL online date for the Phalanx
- Combat Equipment, p. 46
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 31
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 52
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 30
- Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 30-31
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 53
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 54
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 23