- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Power Plant||Magna 210 XL|
|Armor||Durallex Aviator Ferro-Aluminum|
|Fuel||400 - 5 Tons|
|Communications System||Telestar H-9|
|Tracking & Targeting System||SynComDEC|
|Heat Sinks||10 |
The Picaroon was the first attempt made by the Regulan Fiefs to domestically produce an Aerospace Fighter; while the original requirements are unknown, the finished design suggests an attempt to build something to counter the increasing use of Pocket WarShips by other states and nations.
The Picaroon was manufactured on Ellsworth by Guitierrez Aerospace using a P Standard frame as the base of the fighter; power was provided by a Magna 210 extra-light fusion engine and the frame was sheathed in twelve and a half tons of Durallex Aviator armor, making the Picaroon both fast and heavily armoured; that very protection would often prove deceptive, leading pilots to overestimate how well-protected they actually were. Isolated Picaroons could be overwhelmed but groups of Picaroons acting as pack hunters could defeat much larger targets.
Weapons and Equipment
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 52-43, "CSR-F100 Picaroon"
- online date for the Picaroon
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 261