|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
The Scavenger is Star League Era IndustrialMech designed to recovered heavily or destroyed BattleMechs and other combat equipment on the Battlefield. It is the predecessor to the more modern SC-V-1 Vampyr ScavengerMech. The quadruped IndustrialMech was design powered by a fuel cell engine, and that it did not feature its successor's industrial Triple Strength Myomer or Environmental Sealing.
Weapons and Equipment
A Fluid suction system, sprayer, and mounted searchlight were fitted to the Scavenger. It also had a three ton extended fuel tank for longer operations.
The Scavenger had a twelve ton cargo bay and two tons of Liquid Storage available.
- SC-V-M MilitiaMech
- This variant of the Scavenger was introduced in the Succession Wars era. It removes all the cargo space, fluid suction system and sprayer but retains the searchlight. In the freed space is a single Autocannon/10 with two tons of ammunition and Advanced Fire Control. An extra heat sink is fitted, and the extended fuel tank is retained. BV (2.0) = 672
- Judging by its alphanumeric designation, the more modern SC-V-1 Vampyr SalvageMech is technically a variant of the Scavenger from which it evolved; it is a related design in any case.
- MUL Profile for the Scavenger SC-V SalvageMech - BV2, Introduction year, Alpha Strike DataCard
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 98
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 99