- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Mixed Inner Sphere|
|Frame||AA Heavy Raptor 3|
|Power Plant||Pitban 360 XL|
|Armor||Andurien Composition 5 Heavy Ferro-Aluminum|
|Fuel||400 - 5 Tons|
|Tracking & Targeting System||Wasat Snipe Type 2|
|Heat Sinks||10 |
Andurien AeroTech manufactured the Shikra from their plant on Westover for years prior to the reformation of the Free Worlds League, selling the heavy fighter throughout the former League states and to mercenary units. When the League was re-established in the thirty-second century Westover ceased being an unaffiliated world and the production line instead served to supply the reformed Free Worlds League Military.
Surprisingly fast for such a heavy Aerospace Fighter, the Shikra still mounted seventeen and a half tons of heavy ferro-aluminum armor; while this initially caused some handling problems for fighters manufactured in the early production runs, Andurien AeroTech refined the design further, singificantly improving the Shikra's handling.
Weapons and Equipment
The Shikra was equipped with a Kali Yama Weapons Industries Grand Slam Gauss Rifle in the nose and a Type 9 Ultra Class 10 Autocannon each wing, each supplied with three tons of ammunition. Mounted in the after of the Shikra were a pair of Wasat Dazzle Chaff Pods and a single Intek Medium Pulse Laser.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 46-47, "SKR-4M Shikra"
- online date for the Shikra
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 263
- MUL Shikra Profile - Intro year