- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
Still, a handful of fictional substances exist in the BattleTech universe, often as precious substances being fought over.
This article lists such fictional substances in alphabetical order. It does not list fictional products or artifacts such as artworks.
While the valuable HarJel itself is a product, Clan Diamond Shark found an otherwise unnamed naturally occurring substance in the Twycross system with near-identical capabilities from which they could produce an equivalent to HarJel as manufactured in the Clan homeworlds.
A type of rare semi-precious stones, also referred to as stone crystals, that is found on the planet Shiloh, in particular on Fald Plains, together with shuksam crystals. They have been mined since the Star League era.
A type of rare semi-precious stones, also referred to as stone crystals or gems, that is found on the planet Shiloh, in particular on Fald Plains, together with mirst crystals. They have been mined since the Star League era.
Qaere crystals (alternately spelled "Quere" crystals) are valuable crystals found beneath the icy surface of the planet Vakarel. They were found by planetologists in the early 31st century, but the planetologists subsequently vanished and several factions tried to conquer the otherwise worthless ice world. The ruling lord, Count Walkner, subsequently decided to keep the existence of the crystals and their location secret to prevent further bloodshed.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 152
- Cranston Snord's Irregulars (scenario pack), p. 27
- Blackthorne BattleTech (Comic series), issues #5 and #6