- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Meet the competitive leagues of MechWarrior Online
- Read more →
|Engine||Class 70 Fusion Engine|
Speeder, as presented in MechWarrior: The BattleTech Role Playing Game (first edition), is a streamlined wheeled ground car (and not a hovercraft or similar vehicle). Essentially a very fast ground vehicle, some Speeders were reportedly originally designed for racing purposes and controlled by neurohelmets similar to those used in 'Mechs; many Speeders are used as scout vehicles by militaries. A record sheet for the baseline model was published in Record Sheets Volume Five: Vehicles.
Weapons and Equipment
The Speeder as presented is unarmed, and armored with 1 ton of armor. It features 0.25 tons of cargo capacity.
It has been mentioned that some ground cars feature a storage battery instead of a fusion engine.
- MUL entry
- MechWarrior RPG, p. 59