The Star League
- This article is about the sourcebook. For the organization, see Star League.
|The Star League|
|Author||Boy F. Petersen, Jr.|
|Development|| Jordan Weisman|
L. Ross Babcock III (Editor-In-Chief)
Donna Ippolito (Senior Editor)
Jim Musser (Editor)
C. R. Green (Editorial Assistant)
|Cover artwork|| Les Dorscheid (Art)|
Jim Nelson (Design)
|Interior artwork||David R. Dietrick|
|Illustrations|| Dana Knutson (Art Director)|
Todd F. Marsh
|First published||October 1988|
|MSRP||15,00 US $|
|Era||Star League era|
|Universe Date||4 October 3028|
The Star League is the most complete and accurate sourcebook ever compiled on the rise and fall of the Star League.
 From the back cover
|“|| The Star League was the greatest achievement of mankind, a golden age of prosperity and advancement the likes of which had never been seen. Led by the noble Cameron family, the League united all of humanity under one banner for the first time.
But the League also had its dark side. Not everyone wanted to be a part of such an undertaking. The rulers of the League were forced to use their military might to bring the nations of the Periphery into the fold. Many resented the League for this action and it would eventually lead to the League's downfall.
For wicked men plot the League's demise. Stefan Amaris, cursed forever after as one of the greatest villains in history, wants to destroy the League from within and has corrupted the young First Lord. He is opposed by Aleksandr Kerensky, General of the Star League's armies, who is willing to do whatever it takes to defeat the Usurper.
In this sourcebook, ComStar presents the history and the tragedy of the Star League.
- Sociopolitical Structure
- Star League Defense Forces
- Atlas of the Terran Hegemony
- Cameron Family Tree
- Star League Map
 Errants and Retcons
Following items are noted for effects on original source material. Errants are simple errors and Retcon is alteration or obsolescence of source material found in this publication.
- Jacob Cameron - His section found in book shows he launched an invasion of the FedSuns and Capellan space early in his reign ending in 2435. This invasion would involve his son, Theodore Cameron, whom made a name for himself. However, Theodore was born according to the Family Tree in 2434. Making it impossible for him to be part of the battle.
- Theodore Cameron - Character's noted death was originally recorded in 2479. In Handbook: House Marik this was radically altered, having newer publication having him attend the funeral of Brion Marik in 2511. Catalyst Game Labs confirm that the newer source is now new canon. Information/facts regarding Theodore Cameron, his successors Elizabeth and Deborah Cameron should be look with discretion.
- ↑ Star League sourcebook, p. 30 Jacob Cameron & Cameron Family Tree - Conflicting dates of birth and battle involving Jacob Cameron's write up involving his son.
- ↑ BattleTech developers confirm that Theodore Cameron's death in old Star League sourcebook is incorrect.