Talk:Trial of Position
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Harmony Gold vs. BattleTech - An Actual Lawyer Weighs In
- Read more →
Most sources speak of your opponents in your Trial of Posistion being one lighter, one equal, and one heavier in weight than you, also ascending in rank as well. Is there any source that lists specifics for ANY clan? Is the 'Mech you undertake the Trial with determined by any factors outside of what is available?
(I'm uncertain of how Clan MechWarriors come to pilot there chosen 'Mechs. If I recall right, pilots can be swapped out fairly regularly. Dou your unit just give you the lowest they've got and then you claim Trial of Possession until you get what you want?
Because If I remember right, didnt somebody take their trial in a Daishi? Do you just fight other Daishi?
--126.96.36.199 19:17, 17 April 2014 (PDT)
- Unfortunately, unless the answer is provided (and cited) here on the wiki, this probably isn't the best place to get a specific question answered. I would suggest visiting the official forums (Clan-specific forum linked); you should get a rather prompt answer there (though it would be a good idea to ask for a citation). Please bring the answer back to the wiki! --Revanche (talk|contribs) 16:54, 8 May 2014 (PDT)
The Trial (Clan) page has the below noted as part of the overview of the Trial of Position:
"Finally each warrior had to undergo a Trial of Position - typically on the anniversary of their Blooding - to prove their continued combat effectiveness and potentially earn a promotion, although direct combat experience was often deemed sufficient in lieu of a formal Trial."
But this article does not mention anything about this retrial. I'm not sure where this comes from source wise, and so am not sure how to integrate it into the main body of the article. --Peregry (talk) 21:31, 17 October 2015 (PDT)