- Nic, the entry for today was really just an example, meant to help sell the idea to you. I figure you really should be the voice for this section. --Revanche 20:28, 3 October 2006 (CDT)
Although awareness may be low, we have a "Minor News" newsreel. It isn't used often and isn't even on the front page except as a link to the actual content.
I suggest we put both newsreels on the front page with the "Main" news reserved for big/important stuff regarding BattleTech and BTW at large, and the "Minor" news used for the frequent (and rather repetitive) administrative news, especially moratorium clearances. As it stands, I feel the administrative news tend to swamp down the "real" news. Frabby 12:13, 19 January 2011 (UTC)
- I can go either way on this. Admin changes aren't really "NEWS!!!" as is intended on such valuable real estate. Other the other hand, the real news would consist of what? New ribbons, founder's awards? Today's mention of the CBT forums is definitely important enough for the front. However, the front page should appear to be 'alive'...right?--Revanche (talk|contribs) 12:23, 21 January 2011 (UTC)
- I agree with you on that - that's why I implemented the change. I think the modified setup is a good compromise: Important news stay on top longer and aren't swamped down by minor news which in turn generate more lively traffic. As usual, if you think I was too bold then I won't be angry if it gets reverted. Frabby 12:45, 21 January 2011 (UTC)
- I'm fine with the new method, as it keeps informative admin messages (especially newest moratorium expirations) where users (editors/writers) can see them for a reasonable amount of time. But, just so you know, I'll be culling it down so that the left and right sections match in length.--Revanche (talk|contribs) 14:33, 22 January 2011 (UTC)
- The CBT Forums are back online, but everyone needs to reregister. Also the format of the boards have been significantly changed from their previous form.Tekteam26 00:35, 27 January 2011 (UTC)