The Ghosts of Spartacus
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|The Ghosts of Spartacus|
|Unit Profile (as of [[2996]])|
The Ghosts of Spartacus were a group of slaves from the Marian Hegemony who rebelled against their masters. Seizing equipment and supplies, they created a hidden base on Baccalieu where they stole property, freed other slaves, and ran several successful propaganda campaigns against the Hegemony. Limited in their support options, the unit is light on 'Mechs (fielding only a lance) but this is balanced out by the possession of two companies of armor, a battalion of conventional infantry, and a squadron of AeroSpace Fighters. More importantly, the Ghosts of Spartacus received technical support from Rim Commonality and Magistracy of Canopus sources. The Rim Commonality also sent a news team to cover the events surrounding the Spartan's activities, which brought the unit to the notice of many people in the Free Worlds League and beyond.
The leader of the revolt was Melissa Wen. She had been captured in a Marian raid on Lesnovo in 2993 and sold into slavery. She was assigned to the gladitorial games on Baccalieu, and rapidly improved her tactical skills. The armor unit was led by Gordon Halloran, and the infantry unit was led by Frederika Houten. Both of these commanders were former slaves as well.
Leading the Freedom Wings squadron was Nadezhda Lutrova. She was assigned to the task by the leaders of the Rim Commonality militia. They desired to see the Hegemony raids stopped, and when they learned of the revolt they assigned the squadron to help the former slaves.
- CO: Major Frederika Houten
- Unit Digest: The Ghosts of Spartacus, pp. 3-5, "The Ghosts of Spartacus Profile"