|Manufacturer||Clan Sea Fox - Trellshire Heavy Industries|
|Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Chassis||NCIA Endo Steel Type N|
|Armor||Alpha Compound Ferro-Fibrous with CASE II|
|Engine||245 XL Fusion|
|Communications System||Able-Seven Sensor Suite with Watchdog CEWS|
|Targeting Tracking System||Multi-Spread 9 with Advanced Targeting Computer|
The Tiburon is a name that hearkens back to when Clan Sea Fox was known as Clan Diamond Shark. The Tiburon is named after a large Terran shark found in the Caribbean. The design was created as the Clan transformed itself from a decimated-yet-centralized military force to a nomadic, space-faring society of warrior-merchants. The Tiburon is just as lethal as its namesake. Unlike most other 'Mechs built by the Sea Foxes, the Tiburon is not for sale and is used exclusively by its own warriors.
The Tiburon is distinguished by its retractable and shielded weapons payload, which is only deployed when the Tiburon engages its target, giving it a surprisingly non-aggressive appearance. Ferro-Fibrous Armor is augmented by a CASE II system.
Weapons and Equipment
Fast and well-armed for its weight, the Tiburon can be used in scout and attack formations alike. Mounting a pair of ER Medium Lasers in each arm, and backed up by two SRM-2 launchers and twin ER Small Lasers, the Tiberon can quickly close with an enemy and inflict damage before moving out of range again. Making matters worse for its opponenets, the Tiburon carries a Watchdog CEWS to interfere with their electronics yet also finding them from farther distances, and the lasers are all connected to an accurate Targeting Computer.
- Tiburon Josem
- Josem Hawker's custom Tiburon replaces the Medium Lasers with Heavy Medium Lasers.
- The Tiburon' was first created by Wizkids' MechWarrior Dark Age Collectable Miniatures game as a part of its Falcon's Prey expansion set. It was used for only game's unique figures. It was later adapted by Catalyst Game Labs and redefined in the tabletop game once the company advanced the franchise's timeline to 3145.
MechWarrior: Dark Age Tiburon
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, pp. 30-31, "Tiburon"
- MUL online date for the Tiburon
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 36