- If you need help or attention to a problem, please leave a note to all Admins on the Administrator talk page or for me on my talk page, and you'll get a response as soon as we can.
You know, after doing this for several years and listening to the criticisms leveled at Sarna (some deserved, some not), I have a whole new appreciation for what the CGL writers go through.
Introduced to BT in junior high school. I don't play very often anymore, but I do still read all the sourcebooks and keep up with what's going on in the universe. Started August 19, 2009. July 28, 2011- Just found that several of my rank insignia images are being used as avatar images on the CBT.com forums. Sweet!
The Admins: BattleTechWiki:Administrators
How do I... answers: Help:Contents
 What I'm Working On
- Add info to entries in Category:Sources needing updates (Trying to get this to zero)
- Redlinks for units in TROs and sourcebooks.
 Grammar & Punctuation stuff I always forget
- Policy:Manual of Style BTW's Manual of Style
- Apostrophe Reference: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/apostrophe
- Semicolon Reference: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/semicolon
- 10 frequently misspelled words: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling
- When to use i.e. in a sentence http://theoatmeal.com/comics/ie
- BattleCorps Style Guide
 Numbers in BattleTech (From Herb's Facebook)
BattleTech writers: How many times do we need to cover this, really? Outside of unit TO&E listings, game rules, model numbers, and dates, we do NOT use the numerical form of numbers under 100. We also do not capitalize "century" or give centuries in the form of numbers. So, the following are examples of "WRONG!" in the BattleTech style guide I know I gave you all several times over:
- "The 20th Century..."
- "The late Twenty-fourth Century..."
- "We see 50 stars in this region..."
- "The 11th Mechanized Infantry is stationed on..."
The following is how you should have written the above before I clubbed your lazy, style-abusing ass to death:
- "The twentieth century..."
- "The late twenty-fourth century..."
- "We see fifty stars in this region..."
- "The Eleventh Mechanized Infantry is stationed on..."
 Shortcuts, a.k.a. "The I Love Me Section"
Stuff I've contributed: Special:Contributions/Mbear
I wrote the Operation Guerrero page, and I'm proud of it.
 Awards Board
 MWDA Dossier Project
 Military Rank Insignia Project
 Cheat Sheet for Adding References to articles
Enter text as normal. To get the superscripted reference number, put <ref>''Source Name'', p. <i>NN</i></ref>
Now, for the page to know it needs to put together the reference list, need to add an H2 and special tag, like this:
 Burn Rate Information
 Images I've made
 Templates I've made
- Template:Inner Sphere Military Ranks
 Battle Value Template
Create a template that will show how a given unit's BV was computed. (See Policy Talk:Canon#Citing BV for reasoning.) This template will be included on a unit's discussion page so other editors who are good with numbers can check the resulting value.
- First unit type will be BattleMech.
- Will use formula from TechManual (See if this errata is in my copy). It isn't, but I just integrated the errata.
- Be sure to set up template so it shows the computations are NOT canon.
- To compute BV 1.0, use rules from Maximum Tech.
- NOTE: If a computed Battle Value conflicts with a canon source, the canon source will be used.
 Questions to answer
- Should pilot skill count for determining Battle Value (probably not)?
As I don't have Strategic Operations, I'll need someone else to set up that template.Strategic Operations is on the way.
Document code changes to main page, awards board, game rules section.
Create alternate skins w/house colors.
 Image search
Find or create a way to search images (and uploaded files) more effectively.