Welcome, Stormlion1, to BattleTechWiki!
Thank you for your contributions; you seem to be off to a good start. Hopefully you will soon join the army of BattleTech Editors! If you need help formatting the pages visit the manual of style. For general questions go to the Help section or the FAQ. If you can't find your answer there, please ask an Admin. If you have any more questions after that, feel free to ask me directly on my user talk page.
Here's some extra tips to help you get around in the wiki:
- For policies and guidelines, see The Five Pillars of BattleTechWiki.
- If you want to play around with your new wiki skills, the Sandbox is for you. Don't worry: you won't break anything. A great resource for printing out is the Wiki Cheat Sheet.
- Consider registering at the site (if you haven't already). That way, you'll get name recognition and respect for the effort you put in here.
- Also considering writing something about yourself on your UserPage (marked as Stormlion1 at the top of the page). You'll go from being a 'redshirt' to a 'blueshirt,' with the respect of a more permanent member.
- Introduce yourself at the new user log.
- In your Preferences, under the edit tab, check Add pages I create to my watchlist and Add pages I edit to my watchlist, so that you can see how your efforts have affected the community. Check back on each visit by clicking on my watchlist.
- If you're bored and want to find something to do, try the Random button in the sidebar, or check out the List of Wanted Pages. Or even go to Special Pages to see what weird stuff is actually tracked by this wiki.
- Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your name and the date.
You can find me at my user page or talk page for any questions. Happy editing, and we'll see ya 'round.
13:56, 6 July 2009 (UTC)
I sent you the boilerplate welcome earlier, but wanted to echo someone's previous 'good' job' with my own. I'm love ready these greatly edited articles. Are you sure you're not a regular who just changed his name? Welcome aboard. --Revanche (talk|contribs) 18:08, 6 July 2009 (UTC)
Remember to sign
As a courtesy for other editors, it is a BattleTechWiki guideline to sign your talk page and user talk page posts. To do so simply add four tildes (~~~~) at the end of your comments. Your user name (or IP address, if you are editing anonymously) and the date will be automatically added along with a timestamp. Signing your comments helps people to find out who said something and provides them with a link to your user/talk page (for further discussion). For further info see the talk page guidelines. Thank you.
--Revanche (talk|contribs) 04:02, 9 July 2009 (UTC)
Hey, Stormlion1, I saw your references weren't displaying the way you had intended. You are using the 'advanced' naming format, where each different citation needs to use a different name. You can then use the name again when you use the same citation a second or more time. I fixed it for you, so that all 4 would display, but, in reality, you didn't need to use 'naming' references, since all 4 of your citations differed. Fortunately, I just spent my Saturday writing a help article dealing with just that thing. I think the first detailed method might best suit your needs (for this article, anyhow). --Revanche (talk|contribs) 05:27, 12 July 2009 (UTC)
Per Help:References, the tag <references /> is actually placed under ==References==.--Revanche (talk|contribs) 00:31, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
Come Back Soon
And enjoy yourself doing what ever it is we aren't! --Revanche (talk|contribs) 03:55, 28 July 2009 (UTC)